MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Double Whammy

Double Whammy - Gretchen Archer Henery Press is quickly becoming my go to for great cozy mysteries. I already have some favorites from this publisher: Larissa Reinhart, LynDee Walker, Teri L Austin & Susan M Boyer. I was thrilled to be asked if I wanted to read Gretchen Archer's series as well. I was not disappointed.

We meet Davis Way, former police officer, twice divorced from the same man, mild computer hacker and small town southern girl, as she is looking work after being out of a job for close to a year. Her father, the mayor and police chief had fired her from her job as police officer after the events of her last divorce. She has on what she hopes is the final interview for a job in security at a casino in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Davis is such an interesting character in a book chock full of interesting characters. I just never knew what she was going to say or do next. Davis gets herself into some of the craziest situations, but through a bit of lucky, help from her friends and using her smarts, she usually manages to pull through in the end. The book had a bit of a one-man Leverage feel to it, with Davis as mastermind, hacker, thief and grifter all rolled into one.

I liked that she was this incredibly multi-faceted character that we kept learning more and more about, both good and bad. Davis made me laugh, as well as cringe with embarrassment for her. I was kept hugely entertained throughout the book and finished in one go. The best part was, I had book 2 waiting to dive into. I had such a great time with Davis, I have to give her 5 stars.