MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Cold Blooded

Cold Blooded  - Amanda  Carlson, Thérèse Plummer I have thought about what I wanted to say about this book for almost a solid week and I hate to say this. However, after listening to Full Blooded and Hot Blooded, I hate to admit it but this one left me a little Cold. (yeah, yeah, bad pun...) Both of the first two books were non-stop action. I mean, they take place within about a week and a half. This third book was also go, go, go. Everything takes place within a day or two. Don't get me wrong, I love action. But dang, let's give the girl a chance to catch her breath and grow into some of this power she is throwing around. Jessica has gone from newbie to expert level in 2 short weeks. Seriously?

Jessica has had absolutely no time to enjoy her new mate, get a handle on her powers or even get home for a shower. It's one thing after another. Bam, Bam, Bam. Plus, it seems like she ends up having to do most of the heavy lifting the entire book. I am exhausted just watching her. Maybe if I hadn't read (listened) to the books back to back, it wouldn't have been so pronounced. But damn, can we let the girl get a good nights sleep in her own bed with her mate already? So far, they got one short night in his cabin, but she still hasn't had a chance to take him to her place yet. And the ending of this book doesn't look like she will have any time to assimilate and reflect before jumping right into another catastrophe. Will I listen to the next book? Yes, but there had better be some down time at the end of the next book or at the very least let some of the other characters doing something, or I am going to have to call cry foul. This could easily had a higher rating, but I went with 3 stars, and hope for a more balanced book next go round.