MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: The Navy SEAL's Christmas Bride by Cora Seton

The Navy SEAL's Christmas Bride

The Heroes of Chance Creek, #4
Cora Seton

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Holiday
Publisher: CrushStar Multimedia LLC
Date of Publication: December 16, 2014
Number of pages: 91

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo

It’s Christmas time at Crescent Hall, but don’t expect peace, harmony and goodwill among men. When Mason Hall and his wife, Regan, invite their friends to stay for the holidays, sparks fly in an epic battle of the sexes, military style!

Navy SEAL Dan Hemmins goes head to head with soldier Sarah Metlin to prove once and for all that woman can’t possibly qualify for an elite branch of the military, but when Sarah proves she’s not just one of the most qualified warriors he’s ever met, she’s also one of the smartest and sexiest, too, he’ll do whatever it takes to get close to her, even if he has to challenge her to another contest…or three…or five!

My first venture into Cora Seton's wonderful world of Chance Creek started with The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride.  I had seen her Cowboy's of Chance Creek series and was very tempted by them, but just didn't have the time to devote to a series that was rapidly expanding (7 books and still climbing).  So a new series seemed the first introduction to her work.

All it took was that first book and I was hooked.  The series is about 4 brothers, each a member of a branch of special forces. In order to get their family's homestead back, they will all need to be married within one year's time. Book 1 was the Navy SEAL, book 2 a Soldier. Surprisingly, this is actually the fourth book in the series, but only the third released so far.  The Marine's E-mail Order Bride #3 - will be released in January and eventually followed by the Airman's E-mail Order Bride sometime in March.

I wasn't expecting a Christmas story in the series, but I quite enjoyed it.  This was a nice break in the brother's story line, giving us a chance to catch up with how the first two brothers and their wives have been doing and join them for their first Christmas in Crescent Hall.  I enjoyed Sarah and Dan's story. This was a tale of what happens when two stubborn strong willed people collide. It makes for some mighty interesting fireworks. This was a fun read and I gave it 3 stars.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2014/12/review-navy-seals-christmas-bride-by.html