MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Sand Castle by Linda Mooney

Date of Publication: January 2, 2014
Number of pages: 40
Word Count: 10,700
Cover Artist: Linda Mooney

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     ARe

Terrie Myers didn't believe life would give her a second chance at love. She had managed to survive cancer, but she had lost the man she thought she loved.

Returning to her parents' vacation house on the Texas gulf coast, she never expected to fall for the man living in the bungalow next door. Sadly, he was already married. Still, she couldn't help the way she felt, or deny the joy of living he gave her.

With Christmas hours away, can the magic of the season make dreams come true?

I won this book during the Fairy Tale Magic Blog Hop back in September on the author's website.  I got an ebook of my choice from the author's backlist. I was already gearing up for the Christmas season and a book about second chances at Christmas time spoke to me.

This was a short read, only 40 pages, so things have to happen quickly. Surprisingly there is quite a bit of content in these few pages. My biggest complaint was that I didn't really feel the couples initial connection. I did feel their loss, their angst, and the climax was very well handled. If you are looking for something short, sweet and a bit sappy (hey, come on, it's Christmas!) then this would be a good book to grab.  I gave it 3 stars.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2014/12/review-sand-castle-by-linda-mooney.html