MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Her Big Sky Cowboy by Alissa Callen

Her Big Sky Cowboy

The Wildflower Ranch, #3
Alissa Callen

Genre: Western Romance
Publisher: Tule Publishing
Date of Publication: January 11, 2015
Number of pages: 127

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon

Sometimes Mr. Wrong is Mr. Right.

Speech therapist, Trinity Redfern, knows her perfect match is out there somewhere. When she finds him he’ll be articulate, well-dressed and most of all he will let her call the shots.

Reclusive rancher, Zane Nash, has heeded life’s lessons. Never trust anyone, especially a woman. But when he becomes an instant father to five-year-old Finn, he must trust the sassy speech therapist who takes over his ranch for the summer. Trinity is Finn’s last hope to learn to speak again.

But when the summer ends has time run out not only for Finn but also for Zane? Can the reserved cowboy find the words to make strong-willed Trinity stay … forever.

I really, really prefer - whenever possible - to start a series at the beginning.  But sometimes a book catches my eye, and I jump in before realizing.  That was the case for this book.  The best part?  It worked as a stand alone.  Some do, some don't - this one nailed it.

This book had a twist I hadn't read before... a speech therapist, so I was interested to see how it would be handled.  And I think the author did a good job with it. The romance between Trinity and Zane was more sweet than steamy, but that was okay since their courtship did involve a 5 year old.

Both Trinity and Zane had some issues that they had to work through to becoming a couple.  Trinity's dealt with her future expectations in a mate. While Zane's dealt with his history with women, both his own and Finn's mother.  I enjoyed this read and gave it 3 stars.

Thanks to Tule Publishing and Netgalley for the opportunity to review it.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2015/01/review-her-big-sky-cowboy-by-alissa.html