MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

A Virgin River Christmas

A Virgin River Christmas  - Robyn Carr I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. The previous two had built upon characters that had been previously introduced, while this one started with unknowns. In many ways, this could be read as a stand alone. There was small cameos made of of prior characters, but they didn't take over the story and have POVs. This felt like a story told outside the regularly scheduled storyline. Not that that's a bad thing, but I was confused for a moment when a character that had died in a previous book was suddenly alive again. Needless to say this story happens within the timeline of the last book.

Marcie and Ian have a charmingly lovely story. I laughed, sighed and even shed a few tears for these two lost souls working so hard to find their place in a world that has been torn asunder by the injury and eventual death of a man they both loved. There was even a beautiful message about finding and following the star that will light your path out of the darkness, that transcended the spiritual message it was couched in. I know I seem a bit mushy, but I just couldn't help it. This book was full of the feels and knew how to use them for maximum response.

The narration continues to be superb, bringing the characters to life in way that made them even more relate-able and real. This is a book that really brings home the spirit of the Christmas season. I can see myself reaching for this book year after year, eager to remember back the magic. 5 stars.