MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Bringing Home the Bad Boy

Bringing Home the Bad Boy - Jessica Lemmon This book first hit my radar when Anna from Herding Cats and Burning Soup posted on instagram that her review of another Jessica Lemmon book had made it into this one. Since Anna is a big fan, I took the time to check it out and look into. I was thrilled to see it available on Netgalley. So I put in my request and can now completely understand why Anna is such a fan.

First of all we have Evan. Evan lost Rae, his wife and best friend, 5 years prior to the start of the book. He is a tattoo artist, turned illustrator and doing a pretty good job of raising their son alone. But he is haunted by the memories of Rae and especially her death in their home. So he decides to move to Evergreen Cove, the place where he had only good memories of meeting and falling in love with Rae. It's also closer to Charlie, Rae's best friend, who has become a touchstone for both him and his son.

Charlotte has had a crush on Evan ever since they were teenagers even though all Evan ever saw was Rae. Even though Rae has passed, Charlie refuses to make a move - not wanting to dishonor her friend's memory. But in the last 5 years, Charlie and Evan have become very close, forming a bond that goes beyond friendship.

One of the things that I really liked about this book was that neither of the characters was overly "broken". Did they each have some issues? Yep, of course. But they took turns helping each other out. One being strong, where the other was weak. Also, although Evan was tattooed, he wasn't the cliched biker. And while there was a "rock star billionaire" in the story, that wasn't Evan either. What we had was two fairly normal, everyday people, getting a second chance at love. It was by turns sweet, pensive, sexy and playful. I gave this 4 stars and look forward to the next book.