MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Jason (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)

Jason (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) - Laurell K. Hamilton I recently read someone say that the last couple of books read like therapy. While reading this one I counted more than half a dozen references to "working though an issue" with a therapist or a character going to therapy for whatever issue. While I don't think this was the author's goal, I was left feeling like the author is working through her own issues through this book.

And it left me feeling fairly... meh. I miss the early books in this series when she was hunting vamps and killing things, raising zombies, working with the police and being the biggest baddest bitch around.

Now Anita is having sex with multiple partners, male and female, and discussing what limits have been agreed upon in a particular "scene". It is no longer sexy, but reads more like a how-to-manual for the poly-amorous lifestyle. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but it's not what I want to read in an Anita Blake novel. I want action scenes, not this talk, talk, talk, inner monologue, talk some more, ultra staged BDSM sex scene, talk some more, discuss the feelings - that is happening throughout the series. Honestly, I think I am just about done with this series. :( This one was only worth 2 stars.