MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy

Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy - Megan Crane Christmas is the perfect time for second chances. So a second chance at love story seemed like a perfect fit for a Christmas story. And it was.

This story starts out with Christina's massive disappointing birthday. Her 30th, just three short days before Christmas. The birthday her husband forgot about. The birthday that opened her eyes to how bad things had become and how tired she was of trying to pretend that she could fix them all by herself. The birthday she decides to finally leave the husband she strongly suspects is cheating on her. So she heads home to Montana and her family for Christmas.

Dare, as it turns out, hasn't forgotten anything. He was deliberately trying to push his wife away. He feels that he isn't good enough for her and that she deserves someone better. Until she actually leaves. Suddenly getting what he thought he wanted has changed his mind. Now he has to try and decide if he can win her back before she cuts him loose for good.

What I really liked about this story is that eventually both characters took ownership of their part in the break down of their marriage. This shows exactly how a break down in communication can destroy a relationship. I liked that her family had some real everyday issues, but that love of each other kept them coming back, year after year together for Christmas.

I requested this book from Netgalley after reading another Montana Born Christmas book and quite enjoying it. The books in the series don't seem to be connected by anything more than Christmas and Montana, so each one can be read out of order or standalone. This was an enjoyable read and I gave it 3 stars.