MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

A Cowboy's Christmas Promise

A Cowboy's Christmas Promise - Maggie McGinnis What is it about Cowboys? Is it the boots, the stetson, that rolling walk from too long spent on a horse? Or is it just something about the type of man who battles Mother Nature on a daily basis and manages to keep a 1/2 ton of animal in control with just his hands? I don't know, but I do appreciate them. And so did our girl Hayley in this book. I am kind of wishing that I had read Accidental Cowgirl before this book, since it sounds like there is a heck of a funny back story to her and her friends visiting Montana. But it wasn't anything that spoiled this story.

Hayley is back in Montana for the wedding of her best friend Kyla. She doesn't believe in love, lasting relationships or dating men with children. Of course, she hadn't met Daniel and his two adorable 7 year old daughters yet. Gracie and Bryn were adorable and were so easy to fall for. I liked that Hayley and Daniel were able to share a connection through their veterinary practices.

This story spans a period of about 6 months from the time they meet until the big climax. There is a sweet Epilogue taking place months later nicely wraps everything up and leaves us with a sense of closure and HEA of the characters. There were several scenes in the book that had me reaching for a kleenex, sad tears and happy tears. There was one scene that had me teared up while giggling. This was quite the emotional roller-coaster ride, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I gave this story 4 stars.