MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Santa's Secret

Santa's Secret - Serenity Woods I am a sucker for a good holiday book. I can't help it. The holidays are the one time that I am totally okay with a good smaltzy read. I saw the cover of this book on Netgalley and after reading the blurb went ahead and grabbed it, being auto approved for Kensington books.

What the blurb doesn't say is that this story is set in Finland. The male protagonist is Finnish and the female is from New Zealand via the UK. Rudi has a 7 year old daughter and Eva has a 3 year old son. Rudi is divorced and Eva is widowed. They are at Santa's Secret Village for very different reasons. Rudi is there to reconnect with his daughter and evaluate the resort, deciding whether or not to sell it Eva is there to escape from the mildly suffocating presence of her In-Laws and enjoy a quiet Christmas with her son. Neither was expecting to find love.

This was a surprisingly sweet yet steamy read. The tone of the book reminded me very much of the old Betty Neels books that I used to read, but with much more explicit smexy times. It was a refreshingly different read. Enough so, that I will be taking a look at some of the author's other works; specifically her 2 free reads: Stranded With a Scotsman & Treat with Caution. This earned 3 stars from me.