MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Audio Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Narrator: Sophie Eastlake
Date of Publication: July 19, 2011
Abridged or Unabridged: Unabridged
Length of Production: 12 hrs and 59 mins

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Audible    Audiobook Stand   Downpour
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful–and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in one another.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul.

This series has been one that has been on my radar for a while now. I have heard many people saying wonderful things about it, but I never seemed to find the time to work it into my reading line up.  Then I ran across it in audio format and with a narrator that I know and trust. It seemed like an great idea for this to become one of the series that I 'read' via audio.

So when I started this, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Pia. She started out good, but when Dragos actually caught her, it felt like she might become a bit of a weenie. But she snapped out of it and watching her stand up for herself and to Dragos and his men, was fun to watch.  Then there was the moment she became an utter bad ass...  No spoilers, but damn. I was cheering her on the entire time.

I enjoyed Sophie Eastlake's performance. She really sold Pia's charming character, Dragos' domineering ways and did a skillful job of both building tension and delivering comedic timing. She is quickly becoming a favorite.

Needless to say, I can see why so many are huge fans of the book/series. The way the books are set up, its like a Paranormal Romance in an Urban Fantasy series. I am quite enjoying it and gave it 4 stars.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2015/02/audio-review-dragon-bound-by-thea.html