MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Secret Harbor by Anna Sullivan

Secret Harbor

Windfall Island, #3
Anna Sullivan

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever
Date of Publication: February 24, 2015
Number of pages: 416

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe

SCANDALOUS SECRETS LEAD TO DEADLY DESIRE...

Ten years ago, Paige Walker left her beloved home of Windfall Island to become an actress in Hollywood. Now she's coming back a star, honored with awards and beset by scandal. Escaping from a tabloid frenzy of gossip and lies, Paige wants nothing more than to surround herself with old friends. She never expected to meet an infuriating—and sexy—stranger . . . or to find herself in true danger.

Brilliant attorney Alec Barclay came to Windfall to look for the kidnapped, long-lost heir to the Stanhope family fortune. What he finds is the most beautiful and enigmatic woman he has ever known. If his suspicions are correct, she's the heir he's been looking for... and the target of a deadly conspiracy. Drawn together by desire—but haunted by secrets of the past—Alec and Paige try to unlock a mystery as dangerous as it is irresistible. But every passion has a price...

This is the third (and I believe final) book in the Windfall Island Series. The story started with Temptation Bay, grew with Hideaway Cove, wrapped up nicely and by the end of the book, everything felt finished and complete.

This is the story of Paige Walker, whom we met in Hideaway Cove. Alec Barclay, also introduced in book 2 returns to the island to help figure out the mystery of the Stanhope heir. While Paige came off a bit snooty and primadonna in the previous book, here is where we really get to know her and understand the woman she is under the Hollywood hype.

There were several twists and turns that were nicely sprung. The author did an excellent job with misdirection and red herrings. There were several that I never saw coming. If you like a nice mystery with your romance this series would be a great read. I gave it 4 stars.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-secret-harbor-by-anna-sullivan.html