MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

Publisher:Ace
Date of Publication: March 3, 2015
Number of pages: 336
Cover Artist: Daniel Dos Santos

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     OmniLit

The Alpha and Omega novels transport readers into the realm of the werewolf, where Charles Cornick and Anna Latham embody opposite sides of the shifter personality. Now, a pleasure trip drops the couple into the middle of some bad supernatural business…

For once, mated werewolves Charles and Anna are not traveling because of Charles’s role as his father’s enforcer. This time, their trip to Arizona is purely personal, as Charles plans to buy Anna a horse for her birthday. Or at least it starts out that way...

Charles and Anna soon discover that a dangerous Fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The Fae’s cold war with humanity is about to heat up—and Charles and Anna are in the cross fire.

Okay, first of all, I just have to get the fangirl giddies out of the way. *dancing around* I totally could not believe that I got a chance to read this as an ARC. No special requests, no secret password/handshake with a publicist. It was just there on Netgalley to request and I was accepted. *more dancing around singing "I got it early!"* Okay, enough of that. *ahem* Back to the matter of the review.

As I am sure most of you are aware, the Alpha & Omega series is a spin off of the Mercedes Thompson series. Secondary characters that we came to know and love with Mercy, we get to see from another view point with Anna. One of the big differences between the two series has been that where as Mercy's stories are told from almost 100% her POV, this series splits POV between Anna and Charles equally. This is truly their story.

Looking back, I can't believe how far Anna has come in the series, from the terrified and abused victim to the strong and determined woman she currently is. Scary Charles is of course, still scary, but not to Anna. I like that Anna is helping to bring out more of the human side of Charles, instead of just the executioner his father Bran had almost turned him into. More and more of Charles personal history is also coming out, especially in this book. I loved this installment of Anna and Charles and gave it 5 stars!

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-dead-heat-by-patricia-briggs.html