MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

@GoddessFish Interview: Chasing the Other Tisdale by Jessica Jefferson

Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Date of Publication: February 25, 2015
Number of pages: 222
Cover Artist: Rae Monet, Inc

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon
She’s the other sister...

Overshadowed by the beauty of her older sister, Lillian is better known as the other Tisdale; unremarkable and unsure how she will ever deliver on the promise of her family's name.

He’s a rake in need of reforming...

Will Colton leads a frivolous existence, embracing notoriety instead of managing his family’s fortune. Determined to forget his financial burden and his father’s growing resentment, he maintains a lifestyle dedicated to pleasure and self-indulgence.

When Will is invited to the Tisdale estate for an extended holiday, he never expects to become friends with the forgettable Lillian. But when a family secret comes to light, he must choose between leaving London and protecting the honor of one woman or staying and risking the reputation of another.

Upon his return, Will finds the girl he left behind has come out of the shadows and into her own. Lillian’s finally the center of attention, and not all of it good. With his own reputation in tatters, can a reformed rake lure her out of the hands of London's bachelors and back into his own arms? Can he escape his past and reclaim her heart, or has he lost her forever?

Excerpt:

He didn’t try and crawl out of the hole he’d so easily dug for himself. Rather, instead of making an already awkward situation worse, he smiled. It was a cavalier sort of smile—one that she just knew he’d used hundreds of times before to get him out of this sort of trouble. Women were undoubtedly willing to forgive him most transgressions just by a flash of this winning grin.

Lord knew she was.

She’d never before met anyone so handsome, so charming, so…

A bolt of pain shot up her arm, as if God himself was punishing her for having such immoral thoughts.

“Enough,” he said. “We need to get you in front of a doctor. The sooner, the better.”

“Good idea,” she agreed. “How do you suggest we go about doing that?”

“First, we’ll need to secure your arm.”

She nodded. “You mean fashion a sling? I’m sure there’s something around here that we could use as rope. Perhaps ivy? There’s a great deal of it about the estate.”

His hand flew up to his chest. “What do you take me for, some sort of bushman? For heaven’s sake, I’m from Grosvenor Square, not some jungle. I wouldn’t have the slightest idea of how to go about accomplishing something like that.”

Lilly bit her lip. She’d never make it being jostled about without something to steady her arm. “Did you have something else in mind, then?”

Mr. Colton started removing his jacket. “I thought I’d use my shirt. I’ll rip some strips off of it and make the sling out of that.”

“Your shirt,” she repeated, suddenly questioning if she’d indeed suffered a head injury along with her broken arm.

He tossed the jacket to the ground behind him. “Yes.”

She was confused. “But then what will you wear?”

He was unfastening his waistcoat. “Nothing, I suppose .”

Interview:

Today, we welcome to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a big Geeky welcome!

Hi All! I’m so happy to be here today.

Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with a round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?

Now I’m nervous!

Writing Specific

Is your writing style more plotter or pantser?
I map out my storylines using post-its and cut-outs from magazines or online pics. By the time I’m finished, it looks like a movie storyboard.

How do you deal with Writer's Block?
Watch movies. A day of Lifetime and I’m renewed.

What one thing do you wish someone had told you before you started writing?
I wish I would have had a better idea of how long everything took. Waiting for covers, edits, release date – there’s a lot of waiting.

What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I like to be out doors. I’m a camper, I love to hike and hang out by the campfire.

How did you choose the genres you write in?
I write what I love to read – funny contemporary and historical romance.

Fun Stuff

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Invisibility. You could get in a lot of trouble – in a good way.

What was the name of the last book you read?
I’m all about the Jodi Malpas right now. I’m reading her One Night Denied.

If you could have dinner with anyone, past or present, fictional or real, who would it be and why?
I’d like to hang out with Oscar Wilde. He seems like he’d be snarky, but a good time overall. And he liked to wear capes – what’s there not to love about that?

What would we find in your refrigerator right now?
A ton of diet soda (I know, it’s bad) and yogurt. I love yogurt.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
I Can Explain…

Think Fast

Elvis or Sinatra? Elvis
AM or PM? PM
Mountains or Sea? Mountains
Italian or Chinese? Italian
Coffee or Tea? Coffee

Thanks for coming by and spending some time with us. Any final words of wisdom to pass along?

Thanks so much for today. It was a good time! And I’d love to hear from readers and answer any of their questions.

Giveaway:
Jessica will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

Author Bio:
Jessica Jefferson makes her home in northern Indiana, or as she likes to think of it—almost Chicago. She is heavily inspired by classic sweeping, historical romance novels, but aims to take those key emotional elements and inject a fresh blend of quick dialogue and comedy. She invites you to visit her at jessicajefferson.com and read more of her random romance musings.

Chasing the Other Tisdale, Compromising Miss Tisdale and Taming Miss Tisdale from Soul Mate Publishing, available now on Amazon!

To connect with the author online:

Website | Blog | Embracing Romance | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/04/goddessfish-interview-chasing-other.html