MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

@TastyBookTours Interview: Witches Be Burned by Stacey Kennedy

Publisher: Loveswept
Date of Publication: May 19, 2015
Number of pages: 225
Cover Artist: Seductive Designs

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe
In Stacey Kennedy’s steamy paranormal romance novel, a rookie guardian sworn to combat the undead risks life and love in a world of violence, witchcraft, and seduction.

Nexi Jones has lost her family, she’s been stripped of her guardian duties, and she’s still learning the ins and outs of white magic. At least she has Kyden, the smoldering hot elite guardian who’s been there for her every step of the way. But just as Nexi completes her training, tragedy strikes the Otherworld when a fellow guardian is murdered by a group of rogue vampires. Ready or not, she and Kyden trek into the Earthworld to hunt down a killer—and Nexi alone will be put to the ultimate test.

Although Kyden knows that Nexi must fight her own battles, his guardian instincts are raging as he struggles to keep her close. The ruthlessness of these vampires is like nothing he’s ever seen. And at their helm is the Black Witch Astoria, a demon with one burning desire: to shed Nexi’s blood in the name of vengeance. What troubles Kyden even more, though, is the warlock who covets Nexi’s heart. Let the devil do his worst . . . all Kyden can do is love and protect Nexi until his last breath.

Excerpt:

Kyden was sprawled out like a God in the double-size claw-foot bathtub. Appreciating the view, she leaned against the door frame, gazing at muscles layering muscles. In his presence, it was as if he took over her senses, her thoughts, her desires.

His head rested against the edge of the tub, his knees poked out of the sudsy water, and she salivated. The warmth in the air from the water mirrored the heat building inside her. Kyden was a man designed from a perfect mold. She ached to run her fingers through his hair, and to see those piercing eyes burn with passion for her.

She sighed with blissful longing.

For all the danger that surrounded their lives, sometimes she wished they had more moments like this. It was such a simple thing to come home to her man and have a relaxing night, instead of worrying over evil plots and fighting rogue vampires. Even if they fought tonight, it all ended well—for them anyway. A dangerous vampire was on the loose, and now he was dead.

Done and done.

Leaning forward, she peered beneath the water to view her favorite part of him, but the bubbles in the water, smelling of eucalyptus, concealed her view. It wasn’t often Kyden took a bath instead of a shower. In the month of living with him, he’d taken a bath only when she had, because she loved her baths, and now he knew that.

Perhaps he was waiting for her ...

Without opening his eyes, he asked, “Are you going to get in?”

She blinked away from her outright ogle of appreciation of him, her body humming in desire. Though she also wasn’t kidding him earlier, watching him fight did rev the engines. He was pure masculinity, and gorgeous at that, and, well, she accepted she didn’t have any willpower when it came to Kyden. She murmured, hearing the huskiness in her voice, “Sounds like you are propositioning me to do very naughty things.”

He peeked open an eye, the light emerald color stealing her breath. “I am. Get in.”

Tempted by him, aroused by him, and aching in all the right places for him, she reached for the strap of her leather bra. “If this is what you consider a punishment, then you can punish me any damn time.”

His heated eyes followed her every move as she dropped her guardian gear and removed her tiny black shorts beneath her kilt. Of course, to make it more sensual, she undressed slowly, teasing him, tempting him. Under his passionate study, her nipples puckered, ready for his perfect mouth.

Intent to make that happen, she stepped into the tub, instantly surrounded by warm water, and climbed onto Kyden’s lap. His hefty, hard cock pressed between her thighs and it took all her strength not to lift a little higher, taking him deep inside her.

Apparently, his restraint wasn’t as strong, as he slid his nose against her neck, inhaling her scent, seemingly desperate to drag it through him. While she was tempted to succumb to him then and there, she knew they needed to talk. Sex couldn’t delay this conversation. “Do you think it’s odd to have more trouble in Salt Lake City?” More vampire trouble in the same city as Lazarus’s reign of terror didn’t sit right.

A low, masculine sound rumbled from Kyden’s chest before he begrudgingly moved away from her neck and rested his head against the tub. “All the vampires connected to Lazarus were not newly made. If they had been, I would lean the way you’re thinking and conclude what I assume you do: that our troubles with those who followed Lazarus aren’t over.” He brushed his thumb over her bottom lip, following the move with his eyes as if he’d planned out a path to kiss her next. “The vampire tonight was suffering bloodlust—nothing more.” His intense gaze lifted to hers, and, oh, how his eyes blazed. “I saw a witch at the house tonight that raises some questions, since Alazar couldn’t track her scent.”

“You mean she vanished?” At his nod, she asked, “Isn’t that weird?”

“Very,” he replied, shifting up straighter, sending bubbles to pop as the water rippled. “But the Council knows of it now, so they’ll keep an eye out for her again. That said, it’s not our problem.” His gentle smile that Nexi knew was only for her and no one else spread across his face. “Not to worry, Álainn, any trouble with Lazarus is behind us.”

She returned his smile, unable to help herself. Kyden could, and often did, make things better, even when things were—and had been—so very bad.

He dragged his knuckles across her cheek and then added, “We’re sensitive to what happened with Lazarus and drawing conclusions. There’s no reason to tie it all together. Nothing told me tonight that that vampire had anything to do with Lazarus.” He shifted beneath her, grinding his cock against her sex and sending the water splashing around the tub. “Now, no more talk of vampires.” His voice became harsher, deeper with need. “I need to see to this punishment that you deserve.”

Interview:

Today, we welcome Stacey Kennedy to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a big Geeky welcome!

Thanks. Now I’m excited – let’s totally geek-it-out!! ☺

Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with a round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?

I’m always ready! Let’s do this!

Writing Specific

Is your writing style more plotter or pantser?
I’m a little bit of both. I like to think of myself as an outliner. When I first started writing I was a total pantser, but that made a lot of extra work for me. I had to keep going back and rewriting parts of the story because everything changed. Now, I outline all the big details in the story, so things don’t change as much. But I still let things flow as much as possible. If I plot too much I find it doesn’t make the writing process as fun and exciting.

How do you deal with Writer's Block?
Usually, I take a bath. For whatever reason that seems to work for me. I think it’s because it relaxes me, and it’s honestly the place I come up with most of my ideas. I love my baths!

How involved are you with Social Media and self-promotion?
I’m very involved, but typically, just enjoy social media to be social. I love interacting with my readers and getting to know them, too. I’ve met so many friends because of Facebook. What can I say? I love talking about all the things I love, especially my addiction to TV shows.

How did you choose the genres you write in?
I write what I’m passionate about. I love sexy stories, because I think they are thrilling. As much as readers pick a genre because it gives something to their life, it’s the same for me with writing. The genres I write in make my happy.

Is there any particular author or book that has influenced you or your writing?
Keri Arthur. I’m a HUGE fan, and I tell everyone to read her stuff as often as possible. She is one author that brings me right into her worlds. I think she is fantastic!

Fun Stuff

What was the last movie/concert/show that you saw?
Last movie at the theatre: Fifty Shades of Grey with my hubby on Valentine’s Day.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Well, I would be a Spirit Witch like Nexi in Witches Be Burned. Manipulating the fire and air element would just be fun!

What was the name of the last book you read?
Chloe Neill’s DARK DEBT. I’m a HUGE fan of the series. I only started reading it last year, but that was a good thing because then I binge-read the whole series in a couple weeks.

Tell us 2 positive and 2 negative character traits you possess.
Positive: Emotional and sensitive. Negative: Emotional and sensitive. Yep, there are big positives to being an emotional and sensitive person, like being able to write emotional stories. But if you ask my husband, there are big negatives to being an emotional and sensitive person, too. I might be a bit of a handful at times.

Think Fast

Elvis or Sinatra? Sinatra
Mountains or Sea? Mountains
Meat or Veggies? Veggies
Cake or Pie? Both. I love anything that is bad for me!
Dead Tree or Electronic? Dead Tree

Thanks for coming by and spending some time with us. Any final words of wisdom to pass along?
Thank you so much for interviewing me today! It’s been fun. Final advice comes from my favorite quote from Dr. Seuss, “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

Giveaway:

Author Bio:

Stacey Kennedy is the USA Today bestselling author of the Club Sin series. Growing up, Stacey’s mind wandered the path less traveled, and that path most often led to love. She has always broken rules and she continues to feed off emotion—always staying true to her heart. Those traits are now the bones of her stories. She lives in southwestern Ontario with her husband, who puts any of the heroes in her books to shame, and their two young children. If she’s not on Mom duty or plugging away at a new story, you’ll find Stacey camping in the summer, hibernating in the winter, and obsessing over Penny Dreadful, Game of Thrones, and Sons of Anarchy.

To connect with the author online:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+   | Goodreads

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/05/interview-witches-be-burned-stacey-kennedy.html