MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Audio Review: Best Kind of Trouble by Lauren Dane

Narrator: Kate Turnbull
Date of Publication: September 2, 2014
Abridged or Unabridged: Unabridged
Length of Production: 10 hrs and 19 mins

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     Audible    Downpour
She has complete control… and he's determined to take it away

A librarian in the small town of Hood River, Natalie Clayton's world is very nearly perfect. After a turbulent childhood and her once-wild ways, life is now under control. But trouble has a way of turning up unexpectedly—especially in the tall, charismatically sexy form of Paddy Hurley….

And Paddy is the kind of trouble that Natalie has a taste for.

Even after years of the rock and roll lifestyle, Paddy never forgot the two wickedly hot weeks he once shared with Natalie. Now he wants more… even if it means tempting Natalie and her iron-grip control. But there's a fine line between well-behaved and misbehaved—and the only compromise is between the sheets!

It's been, umm, several years I guess, but once upon a time, I was a big Lauren Dane fan. Back in the day, in order to get her books, I had to order them directly from the publisher, in a pdf format of course, because it was still early days of e-readers and they only came in trade size paperback. Yeah, there was no discreet way to read anything even hinting of erotica back then. Then I got sidetracked by new authors and genres, and kinda forgot what a great author she was.  Thank goodness I found her again and apparently she has been busy with these great new series... Yeah for me!

This is a spin off of the Delicious series, which was itself a spin off of her popular Brown Siblings Series. Book 3, Lush, had Damien Hurley, one of the brothers of The Hurley Boys. What this means is that if you, like me, like recurring characters and finding out what favorite people are up to, you will enjoy this. However, that doesn't mean you have to have read any of the prior books in order to enjoy this one. It's just a bonus if you have. :)

Oh how I like Natalie. When she sees Paddy at her favorite coffee shop one morning, she pretends she doesn't remember him and gives him the cold shoulder. They had spent two weeks together, back before she started college and before his band produced their first record. Two intense, crazy weeks. And when he spots her, and even remembers her name, and she brushes him off... *snicker* It was just too good. Natalie had some issues growing up and has dealt with them by being very in control and hyper aware of her hot buttons and how not to trigger them. She is now a librarian, and prefers to keep her wild and wicked ways confined to the privacy of her bedroom, not out in the public eye.

Paddy did a good job of respecting her boundaries and was patient with Natalie, letting her see the man behind the rock star persona. His relationship with his parents and brothers helped to make him a three dimensional character and not some random rocker stereotype. He was almost too good to be true. Oh, but when he went to a-holeville, he took the express train and went first class. I seriously wanted to punch him in the nose... or kick him in the nads... it was a toss up. Yeah, turns out that he has some issues too.

Kate Turnbull narrated this, and was new to me. I think she did a great job with giving each of the characters their own voice. It was easy to distinguish each of the characters and her level of emoting was very well done.

I was a bit surprised at how two characters who talk about how they like their smexy times dirty and wicked, really weren't, at least not explicitly.  There was quite a bit of implied dirtiness, and too be honest, that was it's own brand of really hot. Overall, I liked this book and have already ordered book 2, Broken Open. I am going with 4 stars.

Thanks to Recorded Books and Audiobook Jukebox for the opportunity to listen and review this book.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/05/audio-review-best-kind-of-trouble-lauren-dane.html