MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

@GoddessFish Interview: Two Worlds, Two Men by Joy Frawley

Date of Publication: October 14, 2014
Number of pages: 122
Word Count: 39,000
Cover Artist: Kris Norris

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe
Jocelyn and Neely are having a perfectly pleasant dinner at the Sheep Heid Inn when it happens: Jocelyn suddenly finds herself sitting across the table, not from Neely, but a strange man dressed in medieval garb. This man is no apparition. His eyes, the deepest brown, clearly look on her in intimacy; his touch causes her pulse to rise. Jocelyn realizes two things: from his clothes, he is clearly an aristocrat, and that she, Jocelyn Stewart, seems to be in some sort of romantic relationship with him! Minutes later Jocelyn returns to Neely, in the present day, weak and terrified.

Together they begin to unravel the forgotten past and find themselves facing the reality of medieval Scotland: A strange world steeped in folklore and superstition; where life begins and often ends with the sword. As Jocelyn travels back to medieval times she learns that the man she keeps seeing is no other than Sir Colin Campbell of the powerful Campbell Clan. When Jocelyn is with Colin, she wants never to leave his side; then she returns to the present and cannot imagine herself with anyone but Neely. Jocelyn struggles with a choice. Which man will gain her heart when both offer such different love? She is in love with two different men in two different worlds.

Excerpt:

Jocelyn looked around for the driver who was supposed to be waiting for her arrival with a sign. She had hired someone to pick her up because, as an American and first-time visitor to Scotland, she had figured it would be less stressful.

She didn’t see the driver anywhere; then, just as she started feeling nervous, she saw a man holding a sign with her name on it. And what a man he was! He was broad shouldered, strong and had dark brown hair with reddish tints. He exuded masculinity like some cologne, and even across the airport, she thought she could smell it. Smoothing her unruly hair, she started to walk over to him.

The man, seeing her approach him, took a step toward her. “Are you, Jocelyn?”

When he spoke her name, she found herself frozen in place unable to respond. She’d heard this voice before; she knew this voice. This man spoke her name exactly like the dream she had had all those years ago! She had been stirred awake in bed by a voice of a man, who spoke her name with a Scottish accent. His voice was gentle and low; as if he wanted to gain her attention, but not cause her alarm. Jocelyn had clutched the sheets to her chest and stared out into the darkness of her bedroom almost feeling his intimate presence beside her. She lifted her hand up to her ear having sworn his warm breath had brushed her skin. Jocelyn remembered she had turned her head, anxiously, toward the pillow next to her and almost thought she would be looking into the eyes of a stranger; yet she had not been frightened. This man, his voice, somehow comforted her.

Now, she stood in the airport and caught her breath as she faced the man before her. Her eyes searched his face for something; though what it was she wasn’t sure. Jocelyn felt her heart beating so fast she was certain the man could hear it as memories flooded her mind of that night so long ago when he or someone spoke her name in the darkness. Was that the reason for her vacation to Scotland? Was she unconsciously trying to find the man?

Interview:

Today, we welcome Joy Frawley to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a big Geeky welcome!

Thanks very much for having me!

Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with a round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?

You bet!

Writing Specific

Is your writing style more plotter or pantser?
Actually, I’m a mix of both.

How do you deal with Writer's Block?
I am happy to say that writer’s block is not something I’ve experienced so I don’t have any feedback on it. I’ve been able to keep the flow going thus far.

How involved are you with Social Media and self-promotion?
I find Twitter a fabulous social media outlet. In addition to that I have been doing blog tours, a few advertisements, and Good Reads. I also have a blog, joyfrawley.com, which I use to share my experience thus far as an author in the hopes it may assist aspiring writers. I amazes me how much I’ve learned the past six months about becoming published and what requirements that entails. It’s important to offer knowledge, however limited it may be, to others to hopefully save them some time and heartache on their own journey.

What one thing do you wish someone had told you before you started writing?
Promoting is going to pretty much land entirely on your shoulders whether you are self-publishing or not. I knew when I began the whole process that it would be up to me to promote my book, but I had thought I would have more assistance with marketing from my publisher than I’ve had. Also, I always read about the importance of planning a pre-launch six months in advance, but that is not necessarily an option for everyone. If you have not already, make it a point to gain a presence on Twitter, Facebook or your own blog right away because I went from unpublished to published in a matter of two months. If I had known the publishing process could move that fast I would have prepared my strategy better. Obviously, every situation can be different based on your publisher or hard copy vs. Ebook, but overall don’t take it for granted you will have that many months to kick off your book.

What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I enjoy the outdoors, trying new restaurants, and travel.

Fun Stuff

What was the name of the last book you read?
The Shack

Tell us 2 positive and 2 negative character traits you possess.
Positives: I embrace change and I’m honest. Negatives: My honesty can hurt others and I’m impatient.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
It think it saves everyone time by being open and transparent so I am not a fan of liars.

What would we find in your refrigerator right now?
Yogurt, eggs, spinach, cheese, and almond milk. It sounds like I am a healthy eater, but I have a cupboard of salty munchies stashed away too. Oh, and I have a big bag of gummi bears too that I have been slowly depleting.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Joy Frawley- The Chameleon.

Think Fast

Elvis or Sinatra? Hard pick! Very hard pick! Elvis
AM or PM? AM
Mountains or Sea? Sea
Summer or Winter? Summer for sure!
Cake or Pie? Cake

Thanks for coming by and spending some time with us.

Giveaway:

Author Bio:

Joy Frawley is an author and writer of the upcoming romance novella; Two Worlds, Two Men due to release on October 2014 by Resplendence Publishing. Joy lives in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan relishing in living the life of the classic “townie” with her two dogs Piggs and Diggs.

To connect with the author online:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/06/goddessfish-interview-two-worlds-two.html