MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

@GoddessFish Interview: Leather and Lace by Maggie Adams

Publisher: Maggie Adams
Date of Publication: February 27, 2015
Number of pages: 207
Cover Artist: The Killion Group

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon

Currently just $2.99 or Free on Kindle Unlimited
Sam Coalson, ex-Navy Seal, has returned to Grafton for the wedding of his brother. After being run out of town fifteen years ago for a crime he didn’t commit, he’s determined to claim what is rightfully his and take on anyone crazy enough to try and stop him.

Angel Devereaux is smart, sexy and definitely on Sam’s blacklist. After siding with Sam’s enemy fifteen years ago, Angel can’t help but wonder what if… what if Sam had never left? What if he could forgive her now? She had her reasons, but he won’t listen. So enough with words, sometimes action is exactly what’s called for.

Excerpt:

He spun around and stalked towards her, but she held her ground in the middle of the room. “One minute you’re drinking wine with me and the next thing I know, you’re dancing at a strip bar, naked for all intents and purposes. Swinging your ass and looking like you want to screw the fat pig and his boss. He’s the one that beat me. Did you know that?”

Sam continued to advance on her. “And you don’t even want to know what he was gonna do to you if he could’ve gotten a chance.” Sam’s good eye began to twitch at the thought of the danger she had been in. She had no sense, but by God before the night was over, she would know to never put herself in danger again. He’d see to that. Apparently, she’d been flying wild these past fifteen years. Well, that was ending now.

Angel threw her arms up in exasperation. “Oh that’s just great. Just swell, dandy, fine. I try to save your miserable ass and you’re accusing me of being unfaithful. Well, of course you would. You can’t trust me, remember? I turned against you once, right? So therefore, I’ll do it again, right?” she screamed at him as tears ran down her face. It was just too much! She couldn’t stand his mistrust anymore.

“I had everything under control. There was no need for your ‘help’ as you call it,” he growled at her. He kept seeing the lecherous looks of those men and the hands reaching out to touch those perfect breasts. She was his, dammit! No one touched his Angel.

“Oh yeah, right. I can tell you had everything well in hand. You were locked up, beaten up, and completely outnumbered. Oh, and the FBI was considering you an accomplice in the whole mess. They didn’t care if you were dead or alive. Yeah, you had them shakin’ in their shoes, all right.” She’s wiped her tears. “I was sick and scared for you, yet you’re so stupid you have the audacity to question my loyalty to you.”

Interview:

Today, we welcome Maggie Adams to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a big Geeky welcome!

Hi! How y’all doing? I’m having a blast! This author stuff is pretty darn cool. I get to write down all my Musings and Ramblings, (do ya like how I got your blog name in there?) not to mention naughty thoughts, and you guys buy it! It’s a sweet deal.

Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with a round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?

I am ready for the interrogation to begin, but no fluorescent lights, please. No one looks good in fluorescent lights.

Writing Specific

Is your writing style more plotter or pantser?
First off, I am a bit of a plotter, but more of a pantser. I have a general idea of how I want the story to go, but then the characters take over, dialogue gets crazy, sex abounds, and pretty soon, I’m just along for the ride and the typing skills. Sort of a story writing voyeur.

How involved are you with Social Media and self-promotion?
If you’re going to be an author, you HAVE to be involved in social media promotion. I mean, who can afford a PR firm? And other than having a Facebook personal profile for stalking my nieces and nephews, I had absolutely no idea what to do. Luckily, I have a tech savvy son who was more than willing (after I threatened to stop feeding him) to help me out. I posted my first novel, Whistlin’ Dixie, when it went live, and did a few posts before then to try a drum up at least one sale that wasn’t family, and things started happening. In less than six months, I’ve gotten on Facebook, an author newsfeed (Maggie Adams-Author) a page (Maggie Adams) and a fan club (Maggie’s Minxes) as well as a street team (Maggie’s Merry Widow Mates). Plus, my own website and newsletter, www.maggieadamsbooks.com.

I’m still working on Twitter. Apparently, I don’t hashtag properly (according to my son). And Tumblr confuses me (my son just shakes his head) but I get Instagram and I’m posting more on that. Pinterest has also held my interest and I’ve posted a few things on there. Goodreads is great, but there are so many author niches, and group sites, that it can get confusing. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. I’ll get my son right on it! lol

Self-Promotion is hard for me because I kind of shy that way. I’m not the type of person to say “Hey, I’m great and so is my book!” I’m more “Hello. Here’s my book. Please don’t throw it at me.” I mean, just a few weeks ago, a blog group came to me and said they wanted to start my fan club and I started to cry. Then the head of the group asked to be my personal assistant. Then I started to ugly cry. Jeez, I’m tearing up now just thinking about it. I’ve never met them in person, but they believe in me so much, it’s humbling and I’m honored with their trust and friendship.

What one thing do you wish someone had told you before you started writing?
The one thing I wish someone had told me was about self-promotion. I was just happy to be writing and learning about self-publishing. I didn’t think about HOW to do it. Before you hit “publish”, you need to start promoting. Like a year in advance. Set up that author page, join reading groups, learn all that social media stuff, if you don’t know it. Start a blog or a reading group. It’s free, so why not?

Tell us something about yourself that's not in your bio.
Well, since there’s no good segue to this, I’ll just say it….the thing I’ve never written in my bio is that sometimes, in the dark of the night, I break into cemeteries and knock on the tombstones. Just to see if anyone will knock back.

Is there any particular author or book that has influenced you or your writing?
I was introduced to romance novels by my best friend when I was thirteen. She’d found a paperback, The Flame and the Flower, by Kathleen Woodiwiss, under her older sister’s bed and we took turns reading it, then putting it back. After about two days, I got tired of waiting to see what happened next, so I went to my local library and got it myself. It’s still one of my all time faves. As I grew up, I found Nora Roberts (phenomenal), Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle (weaving a series into three different time periods, Wow!) and Johanna Lindsey (oh, those Mallorys!). Now I’d have to say Sophie Oak,(Menage, oh baby!) Shayla Black (virgin ménage!), Lexi Blake (Masters and Mercenaries, hot!) and Cali MacKay (Great storylines, super sex!) are my faves. Their styles are similar to mine – humor, suspense, and lots of sex!

Fun stuff

What was the last movie/concert/show that you saw?
Latest movie, at the movies, was American Sniper. I cried through it. On blue-ray, Horrible Bosses 2. (hilarious). Concert? I don’t go to concerts, although I love music. I’m too cheap. Show? The Pirate Ship thingy outside of Treasure Island in Las Vegas. Again, have you seen the prices of those shows??

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Who says I don’t have one? My kids swore I could see out of the back of my head! Actually, I would love the power to heal. So much suffering, pain, and loss in the world could be alleviated. Crazy psychos trying to take over the world? You don’t need world domination – you need a super hug.

Tell us 2 positive and 2 negative character traits you possess.
Positive – I am a giver. You need something? You got it, if it’s in my power to give it to you. Positive – I am optimistic. No matter what, tomorrow is another day; Life will get better; God never gives me anything I can’t handle. Negative – I am a giver. Some people take my “giving” as meddling and it doesn’t go over too well. Negative – I am optimistic. You have no idea (or maybe you do) how annoying “perky” people can be. At least that’s what my family says. Actually, my daughter says I am too old to be so naïve. I say she’s too young to be so cynical. We’ve agreed to disagree on positivity. I’m hopeful she’ll come around.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is rudeness. There is just no call for it. I’m not talking forgetting to put your cell on silent in church or stuff like that. I mean, rudeness just to be rude. Case in point, I was at a bar with some girl friends and I hear, “Hey Red! The fat one! Move over! I can’t see the score!” Now, all he had to do was say, “Excuse me. Could you move a bit? I can’t see the score.” I would have blushed and immediately moved. His total disrespect for me got him several frowns. A few minutes later, when he got up to use the facilities, I might have, accidentally, stuck my foot out, ever so slightly and caused him, in his inebriated state, to trip and jostle the extremely large and mean looking man next to me, spilling beer all over him. Moral of the story - It pays to be POLITE!

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
It would have to be a trilogy. “Searching for Normal” – the childhood, “Still Searching” – the teen years, “Normal’s Just a Town in Illinois” – adulthood.

Think Fast

Elvis or Sinatra? Elvis, baby. That man could sing the ingredients of a cereal box and have women dropping their panties.
AM or PM? Neither, but I can rock noon to six like nobody’s business.
Summer or Winter? Winter. Snuggle up by a roaring fire, time to read, no sweating.
Cake or Pie? This is a tough one. Mostly pie, but cheesecake? Yeah, I’m all over that.
Car or truck? Car. I’m short. It’s extremely difficult for me to get into a truck without flashing my hooha in a skirt or dress. My hubby owns a truck for that very reason.

Thanks for coming by and spending some time with us. Any final words of wisdom to pass along?

I will leave you good people today, with the profound words of wisdom told to me by my lovely southern grandmother on my wedding day:
“Keep the fights clean, and the sex dirty, and you’ll do all right.”

Giveaway:

Author Bio:

Hi! I'm Maggie Adams. I live near St. Louis, MO with my high school sweetheart, Ned, and my wonderful kids, Katie (Kyle) and Ross (Valerie). My life is like a walking, talking sitcom from I Love Lucy, but I love it, although people do tend to keep their distance from me! Writing has always been my dream, with reading my favorite hobby. I try to include a little bit of my life in everything I write, so when you read my books, keep your eyes wide open - I'm in there somewhere! Happy reading!

To connect with the author online:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | tsū | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+ | Amazon | Goodreads

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/06/interview-leather-and-lace-maggie-adams.html