MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Lowcountry Boneyard

Lowcountry Boneyard - Susan M. Boyer It's been a year and half since I read Lowcountry Boil and Lowcountry Bombshell, books 1 & 2 in the series. I enjoyed them very much and have been randomly checking to see when the next book would be out. I was thrilled to be able to finally get in on early on Netgalley.

Though it has been awhile since I read the previous books, I was quickly able to dive right back into life on Stella Maris. Liz was just as I had remembered her, with her Junior League outfits and slight germaphobia juxtaposing her Sig Sauer and investigative work. Liz is an interesting character with an eccentric circle of family and friends.

More time was spent off island, than in the previous books. This helped to underscore the choices that Liz had to make concerning her Point of Contact duties with the Guardian of the Island, her best friend Colleen, and her boyfriend and partner Nick. There were more close calls for Liz in this book, keeping Colleen hopping and really ramping up the intrigue.

I enjoyed this addition to the series. It was well thought out, plotted out and stayed true to it's southern roots. I gave this 4 stars. I just hope that we don't have to wait another 18 months for the next installment.

Thanks to Netgalley and the the publisher for the opportunity to read and review the book.