MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Bear Hearts (Animal in Me Book 2)

Bear Hearts (Animal in Me Book 2) - Tamara Hoffa I enjoyed the first book in this series, Hers to Bear. Bears are my favorite type of shifter, so I am always on the look out for another good book centered around the cuddly, yet often grumpy, bears.

This book doesn't quite pick up where the first one left off. In fact, it backs up, giving us the events leading up to the big climax at the end of book one from Lizzy's perspective. This is really important, because just taking it from the bear's side of things, I wasn't inclined to be very friendly towards Lizzy. But reading her backstory and her perspective, changed my mind.

As with many paranormal romances involving shifters and the "mate" scent and instinct, there is some insta-lust and insta-love going on in this series. Add in that this is a novella, there isn't a lot of hemming and hawwing going on when it comes to their romance.

I was surprised that the story arc from the first book seemed to wrap up at the end of this one. I guess I was expecting it to be drug out over several books. However, that doesn't mean the story line is done, just that we aren't going to be hung up on this particular bad guy.

So overall, there was more world-building, met more great characters and I got my bear shifter fix met. I was wavering between 3 and 4 stars, and decided on 4 because I respect the fact that the author is donating 10% of the proceeds of this book to cancer research in her mother's name.

Thank you to Goddess Fish and the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.