MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Redemption of Lunar Falls

Redemption of Lunar Falls - Lashell Collins Redemption of Lunar Falls is the final book in the Lunar Falls trilogy and a very satisfying end to the series. This is the book where all the characters have been introduced, the plots exposed and the villains unmasked. It's also the one with most action because all those villains and plots have to be wrapped up into a nice neat bow. With the hero winning the day of course.

I have some serious respect for the author for keeping Carly Tipton from becoming a MarySue character. To really make the story work, Carly had to be a bone-deep, honestly good, kindhearted person. Too often though, these characters become caricatures or just plain boring. Carly managed to maintain an air of believe-ability about her that worked for me. Additionally, there was another female character, Becky Bodine, that could have easily chosen career over family, but the author resisted the temptation to take that cliched path. That restraint was refreshing. This was a very female positive series.

As this was the third and final book in the trilogy, we all knew where it was headed. I mean, it's a romance, so the Happily Ever After is a given; it's all about the final journey at this point. And the author did a fantastic job in getting us there. I especially liked the prologue of this book. It was like a promise to the reader that no matter how bad things would get, just remember, it had all worked out in the end.

To be honest, this was an interesting world, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it. Maybe from a Katjie the next time, or someone from on of the other clans, or even something from the historical side of things. I am giving this book 4 stars.

Thanks to Ingenious Indie Promotions and the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.