MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Unleashing (Call Of Crows Book 1)

The Unleashing (Call Of Crows Book 1) - Shelly Laurenston I love Shelly Laurenston's style and wit. Her character's snarky attitudes and over the top personalities just make me smile. Whether she is writing about shifters as herself or dragons as G.A. Aiken, I know that simply reading one of her books will bring a smile, if not an outright grin, to my face. The Pride series even holds a coveted spot on my keeper shelf.

Which is why it absolutely pains me to admit that I didn't love Hunting Season, and actually never finished it. So I was a bit worried when I saw the newest series, Call of Crows, with a very similar tone that it was a continuation. Not to worry, this is not a revamp or a remake, but more a re-direction of the idea behind Hunting Season. About all they share are the two clans, Ravens and Crows, and the Viking backstory. Needless to say this one was much more to my liking.

This is classic Laurenston - full of zany outrageous characters making wisecracks and giving us dialogue that I kept reading out loud to just about anyone who would listen (even to myself) because it makes me laugh. It's a formula that works for me and I am glad to find a new world to explore and play in. I will be purchasing the book and making room on the keeper shelf. I just can't express to you how much I liked this book. Oh, wait, yes I can. 5 Shiny Solid Gold Stars.

Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington for the opportunity to read and review this book.