MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Vision in Silver

Vision in Silver - Anne Bishop I was so excited to see this book pop up on Netgalley, that I didn't even hesitate to request it. The first two books in the series, Written in Red and Murder of Crows I listened to in audio format, but I just couldn't wait to get the audio this time. I needed this story NOW! Thankfully, my request was granted.

As I didn't read the first two books, some of the places and names were unfamiliar to me. But after sounding them out, I easily figured out what they were referencing. For most of the characters like Meg, Simon and even Monty, while reading, I was hearing their voices, as spoken by Alexandra Harris. I couldn't believe how much I missed her narration. Getting this on audio is a must, so that I can get the fully narrated experience.

In many ways this book felt very much like a massive set up for something big that is coming. There are no big reveals or exciting action sequences. Just a steady push in the overall story arc. We are finally introduced to Montgomery's young daughter Lizzy in this book and what a little scene-stealer she is. There is more and more cooperation between select humans of Lakeside and the Terra Indigene, with Meg reluctantly leading the way.

One of the things that I really like about the series is that the author doesn't flinch with taking chances. Characters are killed, unpleasant subjects are discussed and the underbelly of society is exposed. No one is guaranteed a happy ending and it gives the story a gritty edge that takes you by surprise. This is a good addition to the series and I gave it 4 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and Penguin for allowing me to read and review this title.