MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Elements of Chemistry: HEAT (Hypothesis Series Book 2)

Elements of Chemistry: HEAT (Hypothesis Series Book 2) - Penny Reid So, this is part two of the Elements of Chemistry trilogy. It is in no way, shape or form a stand alone book. You MUST read part one, Attraction first. Basically, the story was broken up into 3 parts to make it easier to read. I, of course, laughed in the face of this and read all 3 parts back to back to back. Why? Because I couldn't stop myself. But I will just concentrate on this second part for this review.

Now that we are in the second part, we getting into the nitty gritty of the story. We have met and gotten to know the surface of both Kaitlyn and Martin. This part really gets into what makes them tick and we see their true selves. Whereas in the first part, I thought Martin was mostly an ass, I got to know him better and became more understanding of his unique situation. I still think he is a bit of an ass, but now I know what created his ass-ness.

The time frame for this section is about 3 weeks, most of it happening within the first week. But it's an intense week and Kaitlyn and Martin really get to know the person each one hides behind their public mask. The last couple of weeks take place at the end of the book and lead up to a bit of an emotional cliffhanger. I personally couldn't wait and had to dive right into book 3. It left me with a bit of a book hangover at the end, but I will discuss that more during the review for Capture, part 3. I enjoyed this section and gave it 4 stars.

Thanks to the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.