MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Rescuing the Bad Boy

Rescuing the Bad Boy - Jessica Lemmon I was introduced to Jessica Lemmon's books by Anna over at Herding Cats and Burning Soup, and loved the first book in the Second Chance series, Bringing Home the Bad Boy. I have been eagerly awaiting this next book in the series.

Donovan had to left Evergreen Cove seven years ago and had planned on never coming back. Not even for his grandmother's funeral. But she got the last word in, because he couldn't sell the family mansion until after a final commitment to use it's ballroom for a charity event. So he was back, just long enough to squash that that deal and make sure the house was ready to be sold an turned into a Bed & Breakfast. Except he didn't plan on running into Sofie.

Sofie had loved young Donny, and had her heart broken by him, all those years ago. She had moved on, but he still held a special place in her memories and heart. Sofie planned on maintaining a cordial, yet distant relationship with Donovan. But seeing him through adult eyes, she sees things she missed all those years ago. Things that completely change her perceptions about the boy he was and the man he is today.

Donovan, though mentioned, was not in the previous book, which I found interesting. Normally when a series is linked by characters, the next book is someone introduced in a prior book. So I was expecting this to be the "billionaire rockstar" bad boy's book. Instead we got Donny, a man who uses rocks and stones to create, had a hellish childhood and has a more tender heart than he wants to admit. When he tells Sofie about his tattoos and scars, and admits to why he got the infinity symbol, my heart totally melted into goo.

Evan and Charlie were in this book, and it was nice being able to catch up with them and see them through different eyes. At this point, I believe we have now met all 4 of the 'penis bandit' bad boys and I can't wait to see who the author pairs up in the next book. Whoever it is, I am sure will be another awesome read. I really enjoyed the depth and facets of these characters and gave this 5 stars.

Thank you to Forever Publishing and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review the book.