MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Give It All

Give It All - Tom Weiner, Cara McKenna I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Lay It Down. My biggest complaint was the narrator's style and how he portrayed the female characters. Tom Weiner is back, and I still disliked the very bad falsetto he used with the female characters. However, Duncan's clipped British tones were nicely done. It felt like the narrator really tried to put some more emotion into the story. So while I'm still not sold on him for a romance novel, it wasn't as bad as the last book.

We met Duncan in the last book, and there were several mysteries surrounding him. You could feel the attraction between him and Raina, but it wasn't until this book that their chemistry really exploded. Duncan really wasn't anything like I expected, while Raina was the more predictable one. Discovering all of Duncan's hidden secrets was incredibly interesting.

This story continues the story arc from book one about the death of the Deputy Alex, the missing bones and the casino being built in Fortuity. So I would advice reading book one first so you don't miss anything. As stated in my first review, this is not a Motorcycle Club (MC) book. It's a book that happens to feature motorcycles and the people who ride them. This was an excellent follow up to the first book and I gave it 4 stars.

A special thanks to Audiobook Jukebox and Blackstone Audio for the opportunity to listen and review the book.