MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Dark Debt: Chicagoland Vampires, Book 11

Dark Debt: Chicagoland Vampires, Book 11 - Chloe Neill, Sophie Eastlake It's hard to believe there are now 11 books in the Chicagoland series. And this book kept me just as entertained and interested as the first one. That's hard to do. Most series can't pull it off. What's even more amazing is that though the author herself has said that #13 will probably be the last, I can't begin to imagine how she is going to pull it off. There are still a lot of plot threads hanging out there that will need to be tied off.

Dark Debt took us back to the days when Merit was still learning what it meant to be a vampire. Especially when she learns that she's not as immune to glamour as she thought. She has a steep learning curve and little time to get it right, on top of dealing with the threat to Ethan and the house.

The relationship between Mallory and Merit has begun to be repaired and takes some serious steps forward. It's good to see the original gang getting back to something similar to where they were in the in the earlier books. Although I did sincerely miss seeing more of Gabriel and the rest of the pack.

Sophie Eastlake continues to give a great performance and can't imagine reading the books without hearing her give voice to Merit and the rest of the crew. She has helped to give them a life beyond the printed word.

If you haven't read any of the other books in the series, starting here really doesn't make any sense. You don't begin a book 3/4 of the way through, you start at the beginning - as you should with this series. I really enjoyed this book and gave it 4 stars.