MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Quote-Tastic: Wolf Trouble by Paige Tyler

Wolf Trouble

SWAT, #2

Paige Tyler

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Date of Publication: August 4, 2015
Number of pages: 352

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Kobo     ARe
He's in trouble with a capital T
There's never been a female on the Dallas SWAT team and Senior Corporal Xander Riggs prefers it that way. The elite pack of alpha male wolfshifters is no place for a woman. But Khaki Blake is no ordinary woman.

When Khaki walks through the door attractive as hell and smelling like heaven, Xander doesn't know what the heck to do. Worse, she's put under his command and Xander's protective instincts go on high alert. When things start heating up both on and off the clock, it's almost impossible to keep their heads in the game and their hands off each other...

Quote:
“Want a sandwich?”

Mac shook her head. “I’m going to have dinner with Gage when he gets home.”

Who said anything about dinner? This was more like an appetizer. That was another perk that came with being a werewolf. She could eat whatever she wanted and not have to worry about extra calories ending up where they shouldn’t.

Khaki set everything on the counter. “I asked Xander flat-out when I went over to his place last night. He insisted he liked me just fine, but I knew he was lying. I could tell he was really uncomfortable around me. He was tense and on edge the whole time. Which is nothing new. He’s like that all the time around me. I think he finds me irritating and a nuisance.”

Mac gave her a dubious look. “If you say so. But either way, you’d better be careful. If being with Gage has taught me anything, it’s that werewolves are extremely affected by certain pheromones. If you go walking around lusting over Xander, he’s going to pick up on it— and so is every other guy on the team. Then things will get really complicated. I learned that the hard way. Those guys can pick up on arousal like it’s barbecue and they aren’t shy about letting you know it.”

Khaki groaned as she grabbed a plate from the cabinet. “Oh, God. I never thought about that.”

“Yeah. And it gets worse.” Mac shook her head. “If I’m even slightly aroused and Gage picks up on it, he gets crazy horny— like he-can’t-control-it horny. What do you think is going to happen to if all the guys on the team pick up on the fact that the one and only female werewolf on the team is aroused? You’ll find yourself getting chased by fifteen out-of-control, horny werewolves going crazy with lust. And while there are some women who might find that entertaining, something tells me you wouldn’t.”

Khaki set the plate on the counter with a thud. “Oh, crap. What the hell am I going to do?”

Mac offered her a small smile. “Take a lot of baths?”

Review:

The first book in this series, Hungry Like the Wolf, showed a lot of promise. So I was excited to be able to dive into this book.  And that old adage about a sophomore slump? Not affecting this series at all. As a matter of fact, this book kicks everything up a notch. I loved that we got a female werewolf to join our guys.

Khaki Blake has a close call while out on patrol, one that could have completely ended not only her police career, but her life as well. But she bounced back quickly, and stronger than ever; and now has no idea what is going on with herself. It's not until the Dallas SWAT commander, Gage Dixon shows up and offers her a job that she gets a unbelievable explanation.

Xander Riggs is not looking forward to bringing another newbie up to speed, especially a lone female in a testosterone laden pack of werewolves. But from his first sniff of her, he knows that's the least of his problems. There is something about her that makes him not only want to protect her, but to keep her all to himself. As her trainer and squad leader, this puts him in a quite a predicament.

There was so much more world building in this book. Especially as we explore Khaki's introduction and education into the werewolf world. Plus, we get more indepth into the training and day to day life of the SWAT team itself. We really got to know more about Xander's team as they interacted with Xander, Khaki and each other.

It will be interesting to see where this series goes next, and I am looking forward to it being a wild ride. There were some moments of implausibility in the dramatic climax, but if I can suspend my belief for werewolf police, it's not much of a stretch for some other things. I gave this book 4 stars and happily wait on book 3.

Thanks to Sourcebooks Casablanca and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.

Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/08/quote-tastic-wolf-trouble-paige-tyler.html