MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Guest Post & Review: Made for Us by Samantha Chase

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Date of Publication: August 4, 2015
Number of pages: 352
Cover Artist: Dawn Adams

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe
Can't make time for love?
The Shaughnessy brothers have spent the years since their mother's untimely death taking care of each other and trying to make their father proud. Oldest son Aidan is hard-working, handsome, successful-and still single. Sure, he'd like to have his own family someday, but who has the time?

She'll show him how to find it
Zoe Dalton, a stunning designer Aidan meets on one of his construction jobs, has the beauty and heart to make Aidan realize how much he could be missing. But it's not easy to break down walls you've spent years building up. Now there's a major storm bearing down on the North Carolina coast, and it could be catalyst enough to force Aidan and Zoe into some major decisions of the heart.

Guest Post:

Top 10 List of Hints Aiden's Father Has Used Concerning His Request For Grandchildren

by Samantha Chase

Hey, Everyone! I’m Samantha Chase and it is a pleasure to be here musing with you and talking about my new contemporary romance, Made for Us, book one in my new family series, The Shaughnessy Brothers. And I have to tell you, this family series is one that I know you are going to fall in love with as much as I have.

There are six siblings and at the point that you’re going to be meeting them seventeen years has gone by since they lost their mother, and we see how this affects who they currently are. Each book will not only introduce you to an individual Shaughnessy as they navigate through their life and eventually find love, you get to spend a lot of time getting to know the rest of the family, as well.

As a father of six, you would think the Shaughnessy patriarch would be ready for a little peace and quiet and an empty nest! Not so. Now that his eldest son Aidan has met Zoe, it’s not going to be long before he’s anxious to see his other children married and having children. He may be a fairly quiet man, but Ian Shaughnessy is going to get a little vocal in his requests for grandchildren!

Here’s some hints he’s sure to be dropping in future books:
10. With all of you kids out of the house, it sure gets lonely. I miss the days of little ones running around.
9. Maybe I’ll convert one of the bedrooms into a nursery. You know. Just in case.
8. You’re mother always loved the sound of babies laughing – I miss that too.
7. Sure would be nice if we could pass some of these toys on to the next generation.
6. All my friends were showing pictures of their grandkids. I took out my wallet and showed them a picture of Martha’s dog.
5. Hey, you know who I just found out is having a baby? Everyone!
4. My friend Burt’s grandkids call him Pop-pop. I wonder what that’s like.
3. I went through your mom’s hope chest the other day and found your old christening blanket. (sigh) Sure would be nice to see it used again.
2. No, no, no…twins tend to skip a generation. No need to worry about that.
1. I had kids by the time I was your age. What’s taking you so long?

Review:

I am rather proud of my Irish heritage, so I always tend to give books with Irish names a second or third look. And I am really glad that I did with this book. We have a large family, full of overachievers all set in their ways. I think seeing each of the brothers fall in love is going to be a lot of fun.

The story starts with Zoe Dalton, a recent transplant from Arizona. She moved to North Carolina after the death of her mother, to honor her mother and do something her mother had always wished she had done - live on the beach. Zoe is an interior designer and she gets tossed into the deep end when her boss reassigns her the difficult but lucrative Shaughnessy account - after having to fire the previous designer. So, you know... no pressure.

Aidan Shaughnessy is the oldest of the Shaughnessy siblings, and maintains the closest ties to his father and siblings. Aidan has been the rock, keeping the family together, and as such has become a bit - let's call it set in his ways. He keeps an iron control and rigorous, demanding perfectionist schedule - for himself and everyone around him.

When Aidan and Zoe meet for the first time, she doesn't back down in the face of his demands. Their attraction to each other is mutual, yet they each fight it with varying degrees of success. When a Tropical Storm forces them into confined quarters, they finally address the issue. But it's definitely not smooth sailing with these two very strong willed characters.

I was pleasantly surprised by some of the twists and turns of the plot. Just about the time that I thought the author would go for the cliched move, she would throw another curve ball.  There were some fun secondary characters, and I can't wait to see where the author takes the brothers in the next book.  I gave this book a solid 3 stars.

Thank you to Netgalley and Sourcebook Casablanca for the opportunity to read and review the book.

Giveaway:

Author Bio:

New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan's Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40's to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and encouraging those students to follow their writing dreams gave Samantha the confidence to take that step as well.

When she's not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.

To connect with the author online:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+   | Goodreads

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/08/guest-post-review-made-for-us-samantha-chase.html