MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Unfinished Muse

Unfinished Muse - R.L. Naquin I was a huge fan of the Monster Haven series by R.L. Naquin and was sad to see it end. However, I was excited to see that a new series was in the works. Then we got a cover, and isn't it pretty? Completely different than the Monster Haven books, but no less interesting. I was counting down the days till it was released. To say I was completely stoked when the author contacted me to see if I was interested in a review copy was an understatement.

The book begins with Wynter breaking up with her boyfriend, quitting her dead end job and then when she comes home, quitting her latest craft project - a quilt. It's a this moment, when she hits bottom, that her plant, Phyllis the Philodendron, starts talking to her. Poor Wynter, she thinks at first that she has finally snapped. But Phyllis proves Wynter's not crazy, just ready for a new direction in her life - Mt. Olympus Employment Agency. Turns out Wynter has some Greek God somewhere in her family tree.

I had a lot of fun with Wynter as she stumbled her way through Orientation and her first days on the job. You could really see the growth of her character as she gained friends and self-confidence. The secondary characters have some quirky personalities and are great foils for Wynter. I didn't want to put this book down once I started it. I am giving it 4 stars.

Thanks to the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.