MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Double Mint

Double Mint - Gretchen Archer I have been waiting for this book to come out, so as soon as it hit Netgalley, I grabbed it. There was an announcement at the end of book 3, Double Strike that I need to follow up on. Bradley Cole, Davis' brand new husband had just become her boss at the casino. I just knew there was going to be some repercussions from this. Not so much for them as a couple, but now they are living in the casino, in the former manager's suite, while Bradley works 60+ hour weeks. A suite has some serious decorating and appliance issues.

The book actually starts several months down the road from the end of Double Strike. It's summer, which means weddings/convention season at the casino. Bianca is doing some extensive traveling/shopping internationally and No Hair is busy with the new casino being built in northern Mississippi. Mostly Davis and her posse have been lounging pool side, just doing the occasional job. That is, until the Hello Kitty Wedding from Hell Fiasco that causes the Events Coordinator to walk off the job. Davis has to step into the position and keep things running for the Alabama bankers convention and check up of the casino's vault. And so begins the chaos, conspiracy theories, plots, counterplots and hey look, more jail time.

I have to say, I laughed so hard during this book, I almost had an asthma attack. My nephew came in to tell me something, and I was laughing so much, he couldn't help but laugh with me. I tried to explain why I was laughing, but every time I would try and tell him why it was funny, I would break down into more giggles. Most of the gang was present, or at least mentioned. There is even the possibility of a new member for their crew. Once again the story ended on an unexpected announcement, that had me laughing and sighing and wondering just how soon the next book will be out. This was totally another 5 star read. I just love this series.

Thanks to Netgalley and Henery Press for the opportunity to read and review the book.