MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Two Family Home by Sarah Title

Two Family Home

Southern Comfort, #4

Sarah Title

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Lyrical Shine
Date of Publication: August 18, 2015
Number of pages: 178

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo
Lindsey Alford moved to Willow Springs, Kentucky, to prove to all doubters (mostly her parents) that she’s all grown up. Something her neighbor Walker Smith never questioned—those short shorts of hers!

Put a cute single girl with an overactive imagination next door to a reclusive hot guy, add in a decadent blue velvet sofa, a locked garage and a nursing home full of busybodies, and trouble is bound to pop up. Literally, in the form of an adorably naughty stray pup with a longing for two people to lick and a home all his own.

Love isn’t complex…it’s a duplex!

Okay, so I am a sucker for a cute puppy. Who isn't?  Seeing that adorable face made me stop my browsing and take a look at the book. And the tag line, "Love isn't complex... it's a duplex." I can totally own that it had me taking a look at the blurb. Then when I read it took place in Kentucky, well I have great memories of seeing the leaves change color as well as my first real snowfall. (Florida girl here.)  Plus, I once worked in an assisted living facility, so this book just tugged all the right cords with me.

Lindsey has just moved from Arizona, away from her parents, for the first time, giving up her bland boyfriend and oh too predictable life. Lindsey wants some new and different experiences, and she thinks that Kentucky just might be the place to start getting them.

Walker is a metallic sculpture artist and the owner of the duplex that Lindsey has just moved into. He is a bit of a loner and spends the first few weeks that Lindsey is in her new place evading her constant attempts to meet him. It's not until she has a minor incident trying to get a blue velvet sofa into the house that he makes his presence known. But with a small town, these two find that their paths keep crossing and forging ties with one another.

One of the things that I found fascinating about this story were the short bits told from the puppy's POV. Yep, that's right. We not only get into Lindsey's and Walker's heads, but a bit of what is going on in the little guy's mind as well. At one point Walker is holding the puppy and Lindsey makes a comment about her ovaries bursting. Yep, I thought, I can totally relate to that visual.

It turns out that I had read book 3 in this series, though I didn't realize it at the time. I had no problem reading this book out of order, as each appears to be just loosely tied to the others. I really like the characters in the book, especially one crusty old man at the nursing home. My biggest complaint is that there was no definitive happy ending, more a okay they're in love and admitting it... the end. I usually like a more concrete ending, but that's my personal preference.  I gave this book a solid 3 star rating - "I liked it."

Thanks to Netgalley and Lyrical Press for the opportunity to read and review the book.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/08/review-two-family-home-sarah-title.html