MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Her SEALed Fate by Lori Ryan

Her SEALed Fate

Sutton Capital Series, #7

Lori Ryan

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Cara Shannon
Date of Publication: September 14, 2015
Number of pages: 217

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo

He thought he left the battlefield behind.

Logan Stone should be happy. More than happy, in fact. He’s Sutton Capital’s newest executive, working side-by-side with Samantha Page, the sexy, brilliant woman of his dreams. He’s no longer overseas in the line of fire fighting for his country and his brothers-in-arms as a Navy SEAL. But Logan is fighting a different kind of battle; one no one realizes he’s in. While he’s focused on managing his PTSD, something much more sinister enters his world and he must battle to save Samantha’s life and their growing love.

With all the heart stopping action and heartwarming romance NY Times bestselling author Lori Ryan has come to be known for, this stand-alone installment to the Sutton Capital Series won’t disappoint romantic suspense readers and fans!

It's hard to believe that this is the 7th book in the Sutton Capital Series; each one seems better than the last.  The first book caught my eye during a book tour and I had such a good time with it that I have read the entire series!  One of the things that I like most about these books is that although the series has explored some of the more popular romance tropes, such as the arranged marriage, friends to lovers, second chance at love, and even the bodyguard romance, each has been done in such a way that it feels fresh and new.

In Her SEALed Fate, Logan is a newly discharged SEAL, who's friendship with Zack, (The Baker's Bodyguard) helped to land him a job at Sutton Capital.  He is still dealing with some guilt from one of his final missions, as well as adjusting to civilian life.  Samantha is head of IT as Sutton Capital.  She has been instrumental in several key moments throughout the series. It was a joy to finally get to know the real Sam.  Hint, she is even more awesome that I imagined.  She's quirky, snarky, sassy and probably one of the smartest people in any room, though you would never know because she doesn't advertise the fact.

Logan and Sam met during The Baker, the Bodyguard, and the Wedding Bell Blues, book 6. Their relationship grows slowly over time, getting to know each other, and taking their time. It's nice to have a couple actually have a base for their relationship before the action and danger start exploding around them. No false, "heat of the moment" for this couple.

I think my favorite part of this book is that Logan and Sam each save each other multiple times. Not just physically, but emotionally.  It created a nice balance in their relationship. Although this book is part of the series, if you haven't read the others, I think you would be okay reading this one as a stand alone.  References are made to some events in prior books, but nothing that would detract from your enjoyment of this one.  I had a great time with Logan and Sam and gave the book 5 stars.

Special thanks to the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/10/review-her-sealed-fate-lori-ryan.html