MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Quote-Tastic: Bad Boy for Christmas by Jessica Lemmon

Bad Boy for Christmas

Second Chance, #3

Jessica Lemmon

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever
Date of Publication: September 29, 2015
Number of pages: 416

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Kobo     ARe

'Tis the Season to Be Naughty

Connor McClain knows what he wants. And after four harrowing years in Afghanistan, that's a quiet life in the lakeside town of Evergreen Cove. But coming home has land mines of its own-the most dangerous of them being long-legged bombshell Faith Garrett. Now getting her into his arms this holiday is going to require more than mistletoe...

With a cheating ex behind her, all Faith wants is a relaxing holiday free from man drama. And even though every moment with gorgeous Connor is a sweet temptation, Faith is determined not to give in. But Jack Frost has other plans, and soon Faith and Connor are snowbound in a winter wonderland with only the sparks flying between them to keep them warm. As one hot kiss leads to another, they'll have to decide if they're ready to give each other the best gift of all-love.

In the following scene, Faith and Connor are still very new in their relationship and get interrupted by Donovan. I like that he's a just a bit dominant, turning the tables on his friend to keep Faith from feeling any embarrassment. Plus guys that can make you laugh when you are feeling down? Total keepers.

Quote:
Had a kiss ever made her feel so good?

Not ever.

Connor knew the angle to tip his head so his lips welded to hers, and when he drew back to angle his head the other way, he grasped the back of her skull to tilt her so she went with him.

It was. Amazing

Helping was that he tasted like a Devil Dog. Sweet and delicious. Also helping was the fact that he’d taken that huge bite of her favorite dessert to get her to smile. It’d been so long since a man made her smile.

Correction: since a man other than this man made her smile.

She didn’t know what came over her. Maybe the memory of their first kiss. It wasn’t like she’d forgotten. She’d thought about the ice cream kiss many, many times over the weeks, lamenting she hadn’t gotten a French kiss. She’d wondered just as many times what his tongue might feel like against hers.

Marvelous. As it turned out.

A grunt sounded across the room, followed by, “Uh, never mind.” Donovan. The man of the mansion. Inside, she felt herself wilting. Almost as humiliating as being caught by a parent.

Connor, still holding her head, pulled his mouth from hers and tightened his hold on her hip. “Don’t move, Cupcake. I walked in on him and Sofe a number of times. Serves him right.” Hand still warm against her scalp, he kept his eyes on hers.

From her peripheral, she watched Donovan cross long arms over his chest. “You didn’t see anything.”

Connor’s lips lifted into an impish smile. “S’mores.”

Faith turned her head to see Donovan blanch. That was new. His lips pressed into a firm line. “Find me when you’re done.” He stalked out of the room.

Review:

I am a sucker for a good Christmas story. So when I saw that the next "Bad Boy" book in the Second Chance series was Christmas themed, I did a little cheer. Add in the fact that this one is all about Connor, that hunky landscape artist from the last book and *fanning self* whoo boy, let's get started!

I remember Connor from the last book as being pretty easy going and doing gentle flirting and teasing. He brings that to this book, but now we get to see his depths too. As an army veteran, he carries some emotional scars from his time overseas. While Faith is in danger, he gently but firmly steps in and starts handling things. Since the two of them both have a betrayal in their past, they click on many levels and while they spend time together, they really get to know each other better. There is no insta love going on here. Just a lovely slide from acquaintances, to friends, to lovers.

Faith currently works with Sophie, from Rescuing the Bad Boy. Several times during that book and this one, comments are made about her being "model" beautiful, being tall, slim and pretty. It's hard to imagine a woman like that having body issues, but it can happen to the best of us. The way Connor handled her issues was just right and is a gentle reminder to us all that everyone can have body image issues.

Both Connor and Faith came to this relationship with baggage. It was their ability to assist each other with the issues that were weighing each other down that really spoke to me. Connor showed Faith that she could depend and lean on him and Faith showed Conner that he was loved and had a life ahead of him. They complemented each other so nicely. I couldn't help but give a happy sigh with the news in the epilogue; I do so love a happy ending. This was another 5 star read in the series.

Thanks to Netgalley and Forever Publishing for the opportunity to read and review the book.

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.

Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/10/quote-tastic-bad-boy-for-christmas-jessica-lemmon.html