MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Interview: Auditory Viewpoint by Lillian Melendez

Auditory Viewpoint

Lillian Melendez

Genre: Suspense
Publisher: Black Rose Writing
Date of Publication: October 2, 2013
Number of pages: 248

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN

Gloria Rank has lived her entire life in the dark. Blind since birth, she has made a name for herself as a respected talk radio show host in New Jersey. When her younger sister, Anna, has her identity stolen and a man is murdered outside her apartment, Anna becomes the prime suspect in an FBI investigation. But when bodies begin piling up around her, the FBI has to admit that she is being stalked by a murderer. With the FBI focused in the wrong direction, it is up to Gloria to teach Anna to use her other senses--hearing, touch, taste, and smell--which she never really had to completely rely on before to help uncover a ring of identity thieves and stop the killer from taking her life, and perhaps Gloria's as well!

Their only hope for survival is an experiment in perception that will unearth heartbreaking secrets and catapult Gloria into a darkness of the heart beyond any that she has ever known.

Interview:

Today, we welcome Lillian R. Melendez to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a big Geeky welcome!

Thank you for interviewing me.

Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with a round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?

I guess I have to be. I’m ready!

Writing Specific

Is your writing style more plotter or pantser?
My writing style is more plotter.

When is your favorite time/place to write? Do you write structured or patchworked?
I like to write in the evenings and I don’t really have a favorite place to write. I can’t be in the same place for too long. My writing is both structured and patchworked; It’s not in a linear way.

How do you deal with Writer's Block?
I don’t believe in this. I think writers should do other things as the pieces of the story will gradually come into mind. When I cannot write, I put my pen down and trust that the next chapter will gradually appear on paper as I start to write. Writing like every activity can be tiresome when you don’t take a rest from it.

How involved are you with Social Media and self-promotion?
I am very involved with social media. I love interacting with readers using twitter, facebook, and other social media tools.

What one thing do you wish someone had told you before you started writing?
When you start publishing your work, it is no longer a hobby. It should still be fun, but it’s not a hobby, because you’re constantly engaging with readers and the media.

What was the last book you read?
The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe.

How did you choose the genres you write in?
I guess it chose me if that makes sense. I tried to write other genres, but I couldn’t get to the second page. When I write mystery, it is more of a journalistic style for fiction writing, and I have an itch, an urge, to write all the thoughts from my mind. Ideas occur every day just by being in the world and having dreams.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
People say I’m too wordy, but words have a lot of meaning and is at play when replacing physical movement for the moment.

The best compliment I received is that readers enjoy the twist and turns in the novels. I’m honestly not so aware of all the twist and turns when I am writing the manuscript.

Fun Stuff

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I would like to fly. I like waiting for a plane, taxi, bus, or a train, and I can engage with people while waiting and I like going into different stores. I just hate long lines and the announcement of delays. When I drive and there is traffic, I wish I was flying. Then again, flying will be tiresome. I guess it depends on how many miles. Did I also say that you save on transportation fare?

What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who cough without covering their mouth when no one is next to them, yet you’re a few inches away from them. It’s horrible having colds and so the same rule should still apply.

You are going to be stranded on a deserted island and bring 3 luxury items. What would they be?
It would be a smartphone, perfume, and a water-resistant digital watch. It is best to leave leather handbags and other luxury items at home. I don't think I will have enough time to gather things when help arrives.

Think Fast

AM or PM? PM
Meat or Veggies? Meat (not every day)
Cake or Pie? Cake
Car or Truck? Car
Dead Tree or Electronic? Electronic. What’s with the dead tree?

Thanks for coming by and spending some time with us. Any final words of wisdom to pass along?

I am grateful for the interview and I want to thank readers for tuning in. I also hope I gave some good advice for other novelists.

Author Bio:

Lillian R. Melendez was born in New York, and grew up in South Orange, New Jersey. She received a Bachelors degree in English with a minor in Psychology from Trinity University in Washington, D.C.

Aside from writing novels, she continues to write and publish short stories and poetry. Lillian is a member of Mystery Writers of America. She currently resides in the Northeast.

To connect with the author online:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/11/interview-auditory-viewpoint-lillian-melendez.html