MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Great Escapes Review: Cover Shot by LynDee Walker

Publisher: Henery Press
Date of Publication: November 10, 2015
Number of pages: 312
Cover Artist: Stephanie Chontos

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo

AGATHA NOMINATED SERIES

It’s been a slow news month in Richmond, and crime reporter Nichelle Clarke is enjoying the downtime when ominous messages and a dead body kick things into high gear. And that’s before the guy with the rifle takes a hospital full of people hostage.

Up to the top of her knee-high Prada boots in leads, Nichelle finds her favorite detectives under pressure to make an arrest, but it doesn’t add up—and ignoring the “why" of this story could cost Nichelle the most important person in her life.

With too much to lose, a shot at the story of a lifetime, and a missing bullet that might be the key, landing this headline could save the day, but can Nichelle dig up the truth before the killer buries her with it?

Review:

The Headline in High Heels Mystery series was one of the first that I discovered through Henery Press and one of my favorites. Nichelle may be a journalist, with an extremely good nose for the news, but she's also a nice person at the heart. She doesn't go after a story for just the story's sake. And she doesn't forget that there the stories are about real people. Nichelle is willing to go the distance to find the hard truth and not just the convenient truth. That's what makes her such a great journalist and a great character.

Piecing this story together takes some fast talking, and some fancy footwork to get to the facts of the case. I did enjoy a nice little moment between Nichelle and her TV counterpart and competition, Charlie. It gave us another side to Charlie and added some more dimension to her character.

Luckily, Nichelle managed to escape any serious injury this book. Though with the way the tension is ramping up between her current beau Joey, the mafia muscle, and her ex Kyle, the Federal ATF agent, there could be some serious drama on the way. And I bet dollars to donuts that Nichelle will be right in the middle when it comes to a head.

I really felt that this was the best Nichelle book yet. I admit that after finishing this, I found myself compelled to go online and do a bit of research myself. The subject wasn't something I have had to do much worrying about, but it definitely gave me something to think on.  This was a 5 star read for me.

Thanks to Netgalley, Henery Press and Great Escapes for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Giveaway:

Author Bio:

LynDee Walker’s award-winning journalistic work has appeared in newspapers and magazines across the nation.

Her debut novel, FRONT PAGE FATALITY, is an amazon and Barnes & Noble #1 bestseller, and was nominated for the Agatha Award for Best First Novel. DEVIL IN THE DEADLINE is the fourth in LynDee’s Headlines in High Heels mystery series. The fifth COVER SHOT is available now.

LynDee adores her family, her readers, and enchiladas. She often works out tricky plot points while walking off the enchiladas. She lives in Richmond, Virginia, where she is either playing with her children, working on her next novel, or admiring beautiful shoes she can’t wear.

To connect with the author online:

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/11/review-cover-shot-lyndee-walker.html