MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Quote-Tastic: In the Company of Wolves by Paige Tyler

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Date of Publication: December 1, 2015
Number of pages: 288
Cover Artist: Kris Keller

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN    Kobo     ARe
He opened his mouth to order her to drop the MP5 she had aimed at him, but nothing would come out. It was like she'd robbed him of the ability to speak. Shooting her wasn't an option, though. And the idea of arresting her didn't make him feel any better.

There's a new gang of criminals in town who are organized and ruthless in the extreme. When Eric Becker, along with the rest of the Dallas SWAT team, ends up in the middle of a shootout, he immediately senses werewolves-a lot of them. Turns out, the new bad guys are a pack of wolf shifters.

In a spray of gunfire, Becker comes face-to-face with the most gorgeous woman he's ever seen. Becker does the logical thing. He hides her and leaves the scene with the rest of his team.

Jayna Winston has no idea why that SWAT guy helped her, but she's glad he did. Ever since she and her pack mates got mixed up with those Eastern European mobsters, everything had pretty much fallen apart.

So what's a street-savvy thief like Jayna going to do with a hot alpha-male wolf who's a police officer?

I liked this scene between Jayna and Eric.  She is at his apartment for the first time, really getting to see the real man behind the cop. I thought it was adorable about him having the fish and naming them. Plus, you know, the nod to the geek here.

Quote:
“Wow,” Jayna said, coming to stand beside him. “That tank is beautiful. Though I have to admit, I never really pegged you as the fish type.”

He chuckled. “I could sit and watch them swim for hours. They’re actually the perfect pets for me. If I’m a little late because of the job, I don’t have to worry about them making a mess on the carpet.”

Jayna touched her finger to the glass tank and gently traced it back and forth in time with the motions of the three saltwater fish. “Do they have names?”

“The red one with the silver markings is Lady Liadrin, the dark blue one is Queen Azshara, and the black one with the long, wavy fins is Lady Vashj.”

She glanced at him. “Those are the strangest names for fish I’ve ever heard. What’s wrong with Dory?”

He moved closer to her, breathing in her scent as she went back to watching the fish swim among the colorful coral and lush plants. “They’re all female characters from World of Warcraft . It’s a video game.”

“Yeah, I know what World of Warcraft is.” She turned to him with a smile. “Wouldn’t have pegged you for a gamer either.”

He grinned. “I like to think of myself as a man with varied and complex tastes. Come on. I’ll give you a grand tour of the place.”

Review:

I have been enjoying this new and interesting take on werewolves. The mix of law enforcement and military with a slightly new take on the werewolf genre has had me attention. I wondered where this book would go. After all, we had the human girl/werewolf guy done first, then the werewolf girl/werewolf guy thing in book two. So I was curious how things would evolve in this book.

So another werewolf girl/werewolf guy book.  However, we are finally introduced to Betas and Omegas. The introduction of a different werewolf pack, and them being bad guys, enabled more information on the werewolf world to be explored. The flip of what a "typical" Omega position has been in other series intrigued me.

This was a good addition to the series. There was some more world building and we got to get a bit of catch up on the prior couples, but the focus was much more on the romantic couple and their road to the HEA.  Jayne was strong, stubborn and loyal. I liked her a lot. But can I just say, Eric the hacker werewolf Harley rider? Want one. Need one even.  Cause *fans self*. Yeah. Uh huh. I gave this book 4 stars and look forward to seeing where the next the series takes us.

Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebook Casablanca for the opportunity to read and review the book.

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

Everyone is welcome to join in: Readers, Bloggers & Authors.

Just grab the button and link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/12/quote-tastic-in-company-of-wolves-paige-tyler.html