MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

'Tis the Season Review: A Midnight Clear by Hope Ramsay

A Midnight Clear

Last Chance, #9.5

Hope Ramsay

Genre: Contemporary Romance Holiday Novella
Publisher: Forever Yours
Date of Publication: December 1, 2015
Number of pages: 95

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe

Dr. Tom Crawford isn't feeling the spirit of the season when he arrives in Last Chance. Far from friends and family, he's the odd man out in this town of gossiping, tight-knit Southerners-until he meets a sweetly sexy single mom who makes him feel welcome. Suddenly the handsome doctor is thinking he's finally found a place to call home.

Local florist Teri Summers has her hands full of mistletoe in preparation for the holiday, yet finding someone to kiss is her last priority. But when the gorgeous new doctor makes a connection with her special needs son, Aiden, Teri finds herself wondering if she's finally found happiness in this season of joy. For Teri and Tom, Last Chance may be their best chance at love . . .

This is one of my favorite Christmas Carols, so when I saw the title, I didn't even read the blurb, just requested it.  This may be part of a series, but I found that it did work fine as a stand alone novella for the Christmas season.

Normally, I'm not one for Insta-Love, but sometimes when it's done in just the right circumstances, I can suspend believe and it can work.  This worked for me. Mostly because this is a clean romance, and dealt with Teri and Tom actually connecting and not jumping straight to smexy times.  Plus, Teri's son Aiden totally stole the scenes he was in and had me completely emotionally invested.  I spent quite a bit of time reading this book, sniffling into a tissue and normally I steer clear of any reads that I know will cause me to cry. But Christmas reads get a special pass; and add in a sweet boy with Autism, and I was a goner.  Mostly they were happy tears.  Mostly.

If you are looking for a story that will remind you the true meaning of the season and take you away from all the commercialism that sometimes detracts, give this one a look see. Just remember to have some tissues handy, and a quiet place where you won't be interrupted. Because once you get started, you will want to read this in one sitting.  I gave this story 4 stars for the emotional punch it brings.

Thanks to Netgalley and Forever Yours for the opportunity to read and review the book.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2015/12/tis-season-review-midnight-clear-hope-ramsay.html