MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Flipped For Murder

Flipped For Murder - Maddie Day, Edith Maxwell I really think that one of the reasons that I am such a fan of Cozy Mysteries is that you get an in depth peek at the day to day dealings of someone's life. It's a slice of a different world, shown all the way down to the nitty gritty. You are stepping into their shoes for the time period it takes to solve the mystery. As someone who loves interesting facts and examining the minutia of various careers, these books just appeal to the nerdy lover of learning in me.

In Flipped for Murder, we explore a small midwestern town via a country store and eatery. Our guide is Robbie Jordan, a recent transplant from California. She has ties to the area in the form of her Aunt Adele. With the recent death of her mother, being near family, in the town where her mother grew up, is supposed to be a balm. Unfortunately, the murder that takes place the evening of her grand opening is less than soothing. Especially when it looks like someone leaves clues to throw suspicion on her.

Once I started reading this, I had a hard time putting it down. The story had a nice flow and did a good job of keeping me guessing on what would happen next. I was a bit surprised at big whodunit reveal. Honestly, I didn't think see the person as being cunning enough to have planned everything. Also, there were plenty of set-ups towards more mysteries being hinted at. I finished this book excited to see what would happen in the next one. There were several recipes at the end, for some of the more interesting foods mentioned throughout for those who enjoy that.

This book is the first in a new series for Maddie Day, a pseudonym for Edith Maxwell, though an experienced author, she is still new to me. Robbie's world was vibrant, well thought out and inviting. I can't wait to go back again. I gave this book 4 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley, Kensington and Great Escapes for the opportunity to read and review this book.