MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Harmony, #10)

Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Harmony, #10) - Jayne Castle My sister introduced me to the wonder that is Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick. She thought that I would enjoy the Arcane series, and as usual, she was correct. (Don't tell her I said that!) After discovering and enjoying Ms. Krentz, in all her incarnations, I started reading her other works as well. I adored the St. Helen's series and then the Harmony series. And if you pay close attention, you can see how they relate to the Arcane series as well. I always get a thrill figuring out interconnections between different series. :)

This book is the second book dealing with an area of Harmony called Rainshadow, hence it's multiple series designation. What's nice about breaking a series up into sections, is that for the most part, you can start at a new section without feeling that you are jumping in mid stream. I think this is a great idea and would appreciate it more, except I have read all the prior books in the series. (What? I told you I liked the author!)

This story takes us back to Rainshadow and picks up where the last one left off dealing with the paranormal crystals (from ancient earth) and the alien artifacts left on Harmony. It has been awhile *cough* 2013 *cough* since I read the last book, The Lost Night, but was given enough information to easily jump back in. As per usual with a Krentz/Castle/Quick novel, I was completely taken in by the story. One of the aspects of this book that I was especially thrilled with is that we got some history on the dust bunny. They have been one of the constants since book 1. We have known so little about them, and now finally have some more solid information.

Overall, I was very pleased with this book and quite frankly kicking myself for not reading it sooner. Needless to say, I don't plan on waiting another couple of years to read the next one, especially as number #5, Siren's Call, is due out in less than 2 weeks. I am giving this book 4 solid stars.