MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11) - Carrie Vaughn
It's been a while since I visited Kitty's world - according to my Goodreads rating, January of 2013. Eeek! I must have liked it, I gave it 4 stars. However, thinking back, I can't really remember that it left much of an impact - not like those first couple of books where plot points seemed to be burned into my memory. Let's just say that this was one of those times that I was incredibly grateful for an author doing some backstory.

So Kitty is back from London and looking to gain more allies against Roman and his 'Long Game' to rule over humanity. (Wait, that wasn't a secret right? Ya'll figured that out already, yes?) The Denver Master of Vampires, Rick, is partnering with Kitty towards this end. But, of course, things are bound to go wrong.

First a new werewolf shows up and manages to stir up some trouble for Kitty and Ben. Then a Vampire Priest shows up and Rick suddenly is not available, spending all his time with him. In addition to all this, potential allies are trying to make plans to arrive and it is becoming very clear that Kitty's wolves have been feeling neglected, what with her away so much.

While I did enjoy the book, it felt like filler, giving us a chance to take a breath before the next big confrontation. Yes, there was some fighting, but nothing like we've had before. There was the introduction of a new supernatural at the end, totally setting up the next book - Kitty in the Underworld. But my favorite parts contained Cormac, just as many of the scenes I remember from previous books revolved around him. He just does it for me. :) I gave this book 3 stars and hope that the next book has a bit more juice to it.