MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Kissed by Fire

Kissed by Fire - Danielle Annett After reading and enjoying the first book in this series, Cursed by Fire, I was excited to see the next book come available on Netgalley. It was on my sequels that I was very interested in reading, and it helped me to finish up my Month of TBRs quicker, so that I could get started on this. I wasn't disappointed and devoured it in one sitting.

The story begins a few weeks after the death of her mentor, Mike. When Aria finally works up the courage to go see his widow, she finds out that he left the business to Aria. As Aria heads over to check out the renovations from the battle that took Mike's life and try and decide what the next step is, she gets attacked in the middle of the street by a brand new, hours old vamp. Declan, Alpha of the Pack just happens to be in the neighborhood and kills the vamp before Aria can find out anything. Needless to say, she's not happy with his high handedness and tells him so.... loudly and forcefully. And so defines their relationship and most of their interactions throughout the book.

I really felt like we got more into Aria's head this book. Not just background wise, but emotionally as well. There is some romantic entanglements in this book, and I wasn't sure that I liked the direction they were going... at first. But by the end of the book, I could see the possibilities and possible end game, so I am willing to see how they play out. There is so much I would love to say and discuss about what happened to Aria, who she did and didn't meet, and what the ramifications of specific actions and reactions could bring... but I don't want to spoiler any of it. *insert evil laugh here* Let's just say that I will be encouraging my sister to read this so I have someone to really speculate over events with.

Sometimes sophomoric books don't live up to the first book, hey it happens. But I don't feel that was the case here. I could see new depth and growth as the author finds and refines her voice. I can't wait to see what book 3 will bring. I had a great time with Kissed by Fire and gave it 4 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.