MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

His Kind of Trouble

His Kind of Trouble - Terri L. Austin I discovered Terri Austin with her Rose Strickland Mystery series a couple of years ago. I enjoyed her work so much, that I was happy to follow her into a new genre. In His Every Need, we are introduced to the Campbell sisters of Las Vegas. They had recently lost their mother after a long battle with breast cancer. When their father lost their house to Trevor Blake, British tycoon, Allie went to plead their case. This book centers around the middle daughter, Monica and Calum, cousin to Trevor.

Though many of the characters from the first book are back, this story takes place 5 years after the events of that book. So for the most part, you could read this as a stand alone, without missing much.

Monica has grown up, settled down and works as the coordinator for the breast cancer foundation named for their mother. She's sworn off bad boys and works hard to make up for her years as a wild child.

Calum is in town to visit his mother. He can't help but remember Monica from the last time he was in town and their incredibly hot make out session in the garden at her father's wedding. When he sees Monica again, he decides that he will do whatever it takes to bring back the woman who was so alive that night.

The tone of this book was different than the first. In the first, Trevor was definitely had the Alpha vibe going on, where Calum is more the laid back charmer. Allie and Monica are two very different personalities as well, almost complete opposites. I found myself enjoying this one more than the first with the flirtiness between Monica and Calum allowing for some excellent dialogue moments. I gave this book 4 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for the opportunity to read and review the book.