MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Body in the Landscape

The Body in the Landscape - Larissa Reinhart It's hard to believe that we are already 5 books into the world of Cherry Tucker. She's a small town girl from a backwater town in Georgia. But she has dreams, of making in big in the art world - some day. If she can ever get beyond her own insatiable curiosity when it comes to the dead bodies that she keeps finding. Because they do land her in quite the pickle from time to time.

Cherry sees the world in shades of oil paint colors, describing a scene in the colors she would use to capture it. She also expresses her creativity in her clothing, often bedazzling or adding paint to highlight and transform them into something more. Is Cherry a bit out there and over the top? You bet, but in the nicest, sweetest way possible... Unless you hurt her family. Then it's on, in only the way a true southern girl can provide. Having grown up in the south, I can sympathize and laugh about her antics.

The scenes describing getting ready for the hunt, struck many cords with me. I haven't personally been, but have known enough guys (and girls) who go regularly to appreciate the humor of the situations in this book. Plus I have been out tromping through the woods enough to have had no problem being able to completely picture the scene, right down to the smells of the fires burning on a cold rainy night.

The overall story arc didn't have any major advances in this book, but it did give Cherry a break from Luke and a chance for her to make up her mind and decide how she was going to handle their relationship. Cherry also makes some decisions regarding her ex-husband Todd and their relationship. From the way things wrapped up at the end, it looks like book 6 will be full to bursting with drama. Is it wrong that I am rubbing my hands together in anticipation and glee? Even though it doesn't feel necessary to the series, I still had a good time with it and gave it 4 stars.

Thank to Netgalley, Henery Press and Great Escapes for the opportunity to read and review this book.