MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

A Midnight Clear (Last Chance)

A Midnight Clear (Last Chance) - Hope Ramsay This is one of my favorite Christmas Carols, so when I saw the title, I didn't even read the blurb, just requested it. This may be part of a series, but I found that it did work fine as a stand alone novella for the Christmas season.

Normally, I'm not one for Insta-Love, but sometimes when it's done in just the right circumstances, I can suspend believe and it can work. This worked for me. Mostly because this is a clean romance, and dealt with Teri and Tom actually connecting and not jumping straight to smexy times. Plus, Teri's son Aiden totally stole the scenes he was in and had me completely emotionally invested. I spent quite a bit of time reading this book, sniffling into a tissue and normally I steer clear of any reads that I know will cause me to cry. But Christmas reads get a special pass; and add in a sweet boy with Autism, and I was a goner. Mostly they were happy tears. Mostly.

If you are looking for a story that will remind you the true meaning of the season and take you away from all the commercialism that sometimes detracts, give this one a look see. Just remember to have some tissues handy, and a quiet place where you won't be interrupted. Because once you get started, you will want to read this in one sitting. I gave this story 4 stars for the emotional punch it brings.

Thanks to Netgalley and Forever Yours for the opportunity to read and review the book.