MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Queen's Flight

The Queen's Flight - Jamie K. Schmidt The first book in this new series, The Queen's Wings, I apparently took major exception to the blurb not matching the book. (Those things due tend to aggravate me.) This time, it wasn't an issue, in large part because I didn't bother to read it. I saw the cover, the author and series and grabbed on with both hands.

The story starts with Viola as just another human working for the dragons. She has always had what she calls the angel and devil on her shoulders, giving her an internal monologue of snarky guidance in her everyday decisions. Imagine her surprise when the power of the Queen's are released (see ending of The Queen's Wings) and suddenly she is a dragon with 3 heads. Yep, that's right, those little voices aren't so internal any longer and she's stuck in dragon form. Too bad the dragon she was working for decides that a Queen appearing in his office means he should get to keep her - even if she emphatically does not want to be kept.

Many of the characters from book one are back. There is more world building done and I can really see something special coming together. I couldn't help but chuckle over what Viola's hoard was and the length's she would go to protect it. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one. I gave this book 4 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and Entangled for the opportunity to read and review this book.