MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs (@Mercys_Garage)

Fire Touched

Mercy Thompson, #9

Patricia Briggs

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Ace
Date of Publication: March 8, 2016
Number of pages: 350
Cover Artist: Dan Dos Santos

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe

Mercy Thompson has been hailed as “a heroine who continues to grow and yet always remains true to herself.”* Now she’s back, and she’ll soon discover that when the fae stalk the human world, it’s the children who suffer...

Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?

It's hard to believe that we are on book 9 of this series. Mercy has come a long way since that lone coyote shifter living next door to the big bad Alpha, Adam Hauptman; quietly ogling him every time the wolves went on a midnight run. The series has seen the wolves come out to the public, the Fae retreat to their reservations, an amazing spin off with the Alpha and Omega series and of course, Mercy and Adam throughout their multi-book courtship as well as the courtships of some other wonderful couples in the series. Mercy has also found her father, her brother and an entire community of Native American shifters.

Mercy has taken on some of the baddest, most evil stuff out there. She helped to fight a evil sorcerer, multiple vampires, numerous fae creatures, an ancient monster, and even took on a lava god, She doesn't have a lot in the way of magic or brute strength, but she's smart, sneaky and knows when and who to ask for assistance. She's definitely no longer just a lonely coyote without friend or family. As a matter of fact, being able to make connections and create strong bonds is one of her greatest skills and attributes.

If you haven't read this series before, you are missing out on one of the best Urban Fantasy series out there. Bar None. I invite you to grab the first book, Moon Called and give it a try. If you have been reading the series, just know that once again Mercy ends up in the thick of things, Adam right by her side. Many of our old favorites make a guest appearance, including those we love to hate (Adam's ex-wife). Additionally, Thomas the vampire from both Frost Burned, and the short story "Fairy Gifts" has a short, but memorable scene. Questions that were left unanswered from Fairy Gifts, were somewhat cleared up here. Since this book dealt with the Fae, we got to delve deeper into their history and society. And it appears everything up until now has barely scratched the surface. I had a wonderful time with this book and can't wait to see where things go next. For me, this was a 5 star read.

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley Publishing Group for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Source: http://www.musingsandramblings.net/2016/03/review-fire-touched-patricia-briggs.html