MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Secret Desires of a Governess

The Secret Desires of a Governess - Tiffany Clare I'm not a huge fan of historical romance novels. There are too many out there that spend way too much time discussing the many fashions and hair styles that the characters are wearing. I once read a book where the main character changed her clothes 6 times in one day. I was like, seriously? How is she going to catch the attention of her man when she is spending all her time changing clothes and getting her hair restyled for pity's sake? And the simpering. Lord save me from the simpering milquetoast maids who live to be rescued. I am sure those books have a market and a huge following, but they aren't for me.

Occasionally I will run across a fantastic read that just happens to be in a historical setting. I actually won this book from another blog that was doing some twitter contests and cleaning off their bookshelf. It is signed by the author so that is kind of cool. There are two books before this one, though Goodreads don't have them listed as a series, and I didn't really feel like I missed anything by not having read them.

Abby, is a woman who wants to make her own choices in life, and isn't going to let being a Lady stand in her way. She is stubborn and willful and a terrific match for the our Earl. I am not sure how accurate it was, but one thing I really enjoyed was the learning disability she gave to the Earl and his son. I like my heroes to have some flaws and obstacles to overcome and Elliott managed brilliantly. There was some mystery in the book and misunderstandings that have to be overcome. All in all, it was a good read, worth 3 stars.