MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

For All Time

For All Time - Jude Deveraux I was excited to see the second book in the Nantucket Brides Trilogy by Jude Deveraux become available on Netgalley. I have been a huge fan ever since I read Black Lyon, way, way, way back in the early 80's. After reading the first book in the trilogy, True Love, I was thrilled when I was approved to read this one as well.

This book picks up from the end of book 1. Alix and Jared have just married and everyone is ready to enjoy the wedding party. Graydon, cousin of Jared and the Crown Prince of Lanconia had partnered Toby, reluctant wedding planner and bridesmaid, down the aisle. When he found out that she had met his identical twin brother the night before and could tell the two of them apart, something almost no one could do, he decides to spend some time with her to find out if the family legend holds any truth: You marry the one who can tell the twins apart. In order to spend some time with Toby, Graydon demands Rory, his twin, switch places with him. With some smooth talking and adroit maneuvering by Rory, Graydon gets the chance to spend the coming week on Nantucket with Toby.

And so the matchmaking begins. Alix's mother Victoria gets in on the act by insisting that since Toby did such an excellent job on Alix's wedding, that Toby should do Victoria's as well and even arranges for Toby to have time off so that she can plan the wedding and spend it with Graydon, of course. It's not long before they are spending all of their time together. As they draw closer to each other, they also stumble upon the story of Garrett and Tabby and their tragic romance. Is history doomed to repeat itself, or can they create a new history and future?

I quite enjoyed the paranormal aspects to the book. True Love dealt with the ghost of Caleb, while this book involves time travel. I was also thrilled to see Lanconia show back up. Not only is Graydon the grandson of J.T. and Aria from The Princess, but he references his ancestors, Rowan and Jura from The Maiden. It was fun to get a chance to link back to the earlier books. This was another 5 star read.